Firefox 6 Support

2»

Comments

• Version 1.0.8.214 with Firefox 6 support out now.

http://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes#v214

Thanks guys.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Glad to hear it's working for you, too, phirst!
  • This is really just to say THANK YOU. I downloaded the updated version of 1Password for Windows and it works a treat with Firefox 6. You guys are support & development gods in my books! I tried to live with Chrome for a day yesterday and couldn't, so happy to be back in my comfort zone :)
  • newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    Guys,

Just upgraded a laptop (Win 7 Pro) and PC (Win 7 Ultimate) to FF6 and 1.0.8.214. The 1P icon appears on the toolbar of the laptop but not the PC. CTRL \ works OK though. What can I do to get the icon to appear?

Cheers
    Patrick
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    newbietoo wrote:

What can I do to get the icon to appear?

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/missing-1P-button.html
  • newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    Thanks Stefan; that did the trick!

Patrick
  • Dieter59
    Dieter59
    Community Member
    Ok, the Firefox checkbox in 1password was disabled....my fault!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    MacTopics wrote:

This is really just to say THANK YOU. I downloaded the updated version of 1Password for Windows and it works a treat with Firefox 6. You guys are support & development gods in my books! I tried to live with Chrome for a day yesterday and couldn't, so happy to be back in my comfort zone :)

Thanks for those kind words, MT!

I used Firefox for years, but Chrome has really won me over. It's definitely my browser of choice now, even though I'm still more comfortable with the 1Password for Windows extensions for Firefox and Internet Explorer (now my browser of last resort ;)).
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    newbietoo wrote:

Thanks Stefan; that did the trick!

Patrick

Dieter59 wrote:

Ok, the Firefox checkbox in 1password was disabled....my fault!

That's great news, guys! Thanks for updating the thread.
  • nkoriyama
    nkoriyama
    Community Member
    Will Windows version Firefox extension move to be made with Jetpack like Mac version extension?

http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/6763-1password-for-firefox-6-and-7-and-maybe-even-8/
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, nkoriyama!

I'm afraid I don't know what Jetpack is. (blush)
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    nkoriyama wrote:

Will Windows version Firefox extension move to be made with Jetpack like Mac version extension?

http://forum.agilebi...d-maybe-even-8/

Starting with version 3.8, 1Password for Mac comes with a JSE (JavaScript-based extension) for Firefox. Eventually, the JSE should migrate to Windows, too. There is no timeframe for this, though.
  • nkoriyama
    nkoriyama
    Community Member

Starting with version 3.8, 1Password for Mac comes with a JSE (JavaScript-based extension) for Firefox. Eventually, the JSE should migrate to Windows, too. There is no timeframe for this, though.

I got it. I'm looking forward it.

DBrown wrote:

Welcome to the forum, nkoriyama!

I'm afraid I don't know what Jetpack is. :oops:

Jetpack is framework for making Firefox Add-on, as Stefan wrote. On 1password for Mac version 3.8 Firefox extension use it.
  • Not getting this done in Firefox 6.0. I installed the latest firefox extension 3.1.8.b1 and unlike usually there is no icon in the toolbar like before. I can manually drag an icon if i do "customize toolbar". There is one icon. It just says 1P, looks different than before too.

If i click on it i get a lock upon entering my password i get the following error

Extension Database not available, press command, option Q to restart your browser

What am i missing ?

Thanks
  • wolfgang19
    wolfgang19
    Community Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi, I am new to this community. My decision for 1Password is based on the capability to synch among Mac, PC and iPad. I have udgraded to 1Password 3.8 and have now a problem with Firefox6 in Win7: when clicking on the 1P icon in the browser toolbar, I get the message "problem with database. Extension database not available.Please do Command>Option>Q to restart your browser..." ...frankly, I am lost...
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, dragsternj!

"3.1.8.b1" is a 1Password for Mac version number. The 1Password for Mac extensions cannot be used with 1Password for Windows.

Are you running 1Password on a Mac or PC?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Wolfgang, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you're having the same problem as dragsternj, above.

Is there some mechanism in Firefox (as there is in Chrome) for sync'ing extensions between your Mac and PC?

If there is, you'll need to disable it.

The message you're seeing (about needing to press Command-Q) is a Mac message.

I'm using the latest 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows, and I'm having no trouble with using the 1Password extension for Firefox 6 in Windows.
  • pglatz
    pglatz
    Community Member
    I'm running the latest versions on Windows 7 - 1password 1.0.8.214, Firefox extension 3.8.b5, on Windows 7. Firefox 6 isn't letting me log in to 1password, I get the error "problem with database" when I enter my password. It is forking fine with FF6 on the Mac (Lion), though. thanks
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    pglatz, it sounds like you're sync'ing Firefox extensions between your Mac and PC. You can't do that, because the 1Password extensions are not platform independent.

Version 3.8.x is a Mac-only extension. That's why it won't work in Windows.
  • dragsternj
    edited August 2011
    not sure how i sync because i don't have a mac. how do i rectify ? windows 7, Firefox 6

all i need is a link to the proper extension
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    There's also a possibility that you downloaded the extension from our web site. (We're working on a warning for Windows users that they're for the Mac, only.)

For now, try this:
    1. Launch Firefox, uninstall the 1Password extension, and quit Firefox.
    2. Launch 1Password, make sure Firefox is disabled (unchecked) on the Browsers tab of preferences, and close the preferences window.
    3. Reopen the 1Password preferences window, re-enable Firefox on the Browsers tab, and close the preferences window.
    4. Launch Firefox, and see if the 1Password extension works correctly.

Please let us know how it goes!
  • worked. Thanks
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's great news, dragsternj! Thanks for updating the thread.
  • Hi! I'm glad to know that many who have posted in early August got their FF6-Win problem resolved. I, however, still can't figure out why my FF6-Win with 1P 1.0.8.215 still doesn't work.

Can you help me?
  • Oh geez. I thought that the login information came automatically. I did not know I had to ctrl+\. So sorry about that. Everything is working just fine now.

By the way, I love 1P!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the update, aveon...and for the kind comment.

1Password loves you, too. :)
This discussion has been closed.