To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

move 1password from iphone to android smartphone

rupertk1
rupertk1
Community Member

I want to move 266 entries in 1password on my iphone 5 to my new galaxy s8. Therefore I started a 1password membership. Afterwards I could move 170 entries, but no chance to move all. What can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Move 1password from iPhone 5 to Galaxy S8

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rupertk1: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without the basic information you omitted from your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what do you mean by "Afterwards I could move 170 entries, but no chance to move all"? Thanks in advance! :)

• rupertk1
    rupertk1
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for your answer.

Version of my 1Password is 6.9.1 (691001), I tried to move all password items from mentioned 1password on iPhone 5 with newest possible IOS 10 to my new smartphone Galaxy S8+ with Android 7.

But in the meantine I found a solution: I was using "Primary Vault", but after starting the move, 1password created "Personal Vault" with incomplete number of items, and only this vault was moved to my new Galaxy. On page https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/ I learned how to move my missing 97 items from Primary to Personal vault on my iPhone - and after a refresh everything is OK, as all my Passwords are on my new Galaxy.

While trying to move my passwords I created an account on 1password.com as rupertk1. In my opinion this test account is no longer needed? Is it possible to cancel this test account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rupertk1: Thanks for getting back to me! Glad that worked for you. If you don't want the 1Password.com account, you can move your data to a local vault and sync it yourself and use that instead. Just cancel and you'll be all set.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. Anyway, you've got 30 days to try it, to take advantage of all of its benefits in order to decide.

Either way, be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.