Secure Notes does not scroll when adding lines

EricKerby
EricKerby
Community Member

I'm using 6.7.BETA-4 on a Google Pixel. When I go into an existing secure note and begin editing, if I enter a new line, the existing note lines scroll up, but without any way to scroll them back down. Touching and scrolling the text area does not work. After I save the edit, the text area expands and entering edit mode again it starts at the height of the existing lines, but again text scrolls out of view if I add more lines.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EricKerby: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Are you expecting the same issue with 6.7.BETA-5? I'm not able to reproduce the problem you're describing with either that or 6.6.2 stable, so either it's fixed or I'm missing something. If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know the OS and device versions you're using, and the exact steps to reproduce. Thanks in advance! :)

• EricKerby
    EricKerby
    Community Member

Yes, the issue is now still occurring in 6.7.BETA-5. I'm running Android 8.1.0 on a 2016 Pixel.

The easiest way to reproduce the issue is:
    1. Navigate to the Secure Notes category
    2. Click the + to create a new note
    3. The text area edit region for the note will be only 1 line high.
    4. When I start typing and hit enter for a new line, the text area does not grow, but the first line scrolls up instead out of view (since the text area is just one line).
    5. If I save and go back into viewing/editing the notes again, the text area starts at the new height that fits the lines of text. Same issue occurs of I add new lines again.

• Thanks @EricKerby! I understand the issue you're seeing based on these steps and I've opened an issue internally for our developers to review. Please let us know if you need anything else! ref: OPA-1249

This discussion has been closed.