Prioritize logins over generated passwords in the list

Options
nd3r
nd3r
Community Member

Hi,

For more convenient use, is it maybe possible to prioritize the saved logins over generated password when you click the 1PX extension button?

Here is an example of how it looks when I login to a site and I have generated passwords saved for it:
https://i.imgur.com/vOkHnvK.png

I am thinking that this list might get very long in the future if you keep generate new passwords and that you need to scroll a lot to find the login?

EDIT:
Or don't show the generated passwords at all when you click on the login field. You could maybe show the generated passwords only in the password field?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.2.0
OS Version: Windows 10 1709
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @nd3r: I think you may technically have 1Password for Windows to blame for this. 1Password X doesn't create these like the desktop apps do - it prompts you to save as soon as you use a suggested password, but if I pop open to Firefox and generate a password in the 1Password extension there and copy it so it saves to 1Password for Windows, then I find myself seeing what you do.

This is kind of an interesting issue because there's some interplay here. On the Windows side, we're working on handling Password items better so that they aren't cluttering things up, which may lead to some changes that incidentally alleviate this issue when using 1Password X. That said, 1Password X shouldn't be offering to fill Password items for you unless there's no existing Login item saved for the site, so we've got some tidying to do on this side as well. I'll pass this along to the team and see if we can get this spruced up a bit. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.