Has anyone heard that Mozilla teamed up with Troy Hunt?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Lounge

It is for an upcoming Firefox version:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/23/firefox-notification-breached-sites/

Sounds great!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like Engadget and BleepingComputer have. ;)

Firefox is a great browser — even if the latest version has some growing pains, there's a lot to like and it will smooth out over time — and integrating haveibeenpwnd.com could bring greater awareness to website breaches to more people. Very cool. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I have been pwned. Dropbox and Adobe in spite of changing passwords prior to knowing I was pwned. :( Changing passwords, it seems, is no guarantee at all.

"In October 2013, 153 million Adobe accounts were breached with each containing an internal ID, username, email, encrypted password and a password hint in plain text. The password cryptography was poorly done and many were quickly resolved back to plain text. The unencrypted hints also disclosed much about the passwords adding further to the risk that hundreds of millions of Adobe customers already faced."

• It's a constant battle these days, I think. Before this year, I'd been hit by the Yahoo breach and (amazingly) nothing else. More recently, I've been trying to come up with some way to hug Watchtower, even though it has no physical manifestation, because I think I'd be completely lost without it. :blush:

The unencrypted hints also disclosed much about the passwords

This is particularly gross. One reason we're generally not a fan of hints and grateful 1Password makes it so you never need them. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.