Option to disable haptic feedback on Android keyboard

Lunim
Lunim
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to disable the haptic feedback (vibrate) on key press for the Android keyboard. I see a request from over two years ago, but no follow up since: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/209261#Comment_209261

Thanks!

Comments

• Hey @Lunim. Thanks for reaching out! We've decided to separate the keyboard from the accessibility service so that it's not needed for filling. Our latest beta build has the change. Rather than needing to switch keyboards, you'll just need to tap the Fill with 1Password button to access 1Password and fill.

We decided to go this route rather than making changes to the keyboard. We figure our customers have their preferred keyboards, and we'd rather concentrate on making filling more seamless. :)

Feel free to try out the beta if you like, and let us know what you think if you do!

• Lunim
    Lunim
    Community Member

@peri Thanks for the response. I am currently using the Beta, but have noticed that when the accessibility service is on, scrolling in the default Pixel launcher and some apps is very choppy/laggy. I see this on my Pixel 2 XL and Galaxy Tab S2. I went back to using the keyboard due to the issue.

• peri
    edited December 2017

Thanks for the feedback, @Lunim. I can't say that we will make improvements to the keyboard at this point, as we're concentrating on other methods of filling like the accessibility service, Open YOLO, and Autofill. But I'll pass the request on to my team. :)

This discussion has been closed.