Autofill on PayPal app not filling.

tommyent
tommyent
Community Member

Autofill for PayPal pops up and I can choose the correct account but it does not fill it in. Once the account is selected the box with "Autofill with 1Password just pops up again.

1Password Version: 6.7.BETA-5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 8.1.0
Sync Type: 1Passsword

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@tommyent: Ah, yep! In the mean time, you can use the 1Password Keyboard in a pinch, but we'll see if we can get autofill working there too. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! :)

ref: OPA-1356

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member

:+1: thanks that's what I have been doing. So another issue I have. If I am to use the keyboard it only shows logins. This can be a problem. For example my WiFi password is stored as a password and not a login so I can't use the keyboard. I have to switch apps entirely. Not a huge deal but seems to defeat the purpose of having the keyboard.

Also Adobe apps (e.g. Capture, Premiere Clip, Photoshop Fix) only the username fills with autofill not the password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

:+1: thanks that's what I have been doing.

@tommyent: :) :+1:

So another issue I have. If I am to use the keyboard it only shows logins. This can be a problem. For example my WiFi password is stored as a password and not a login so I can't use the keyboard. I have to switch apps entirely. Not a huge deal but seems to defeat the purpose of having the keyboard.

Hmm. That's a tough one. We can certainly consider adding support for different item types in the future, but there are a few considerations:

1. I'd encourage you not to use a "Password" item for something like that. 1Password is designed to use these for saving randomly generated passwords; Logins are designed for login filling. You'll get the best experience across all platforms if you use a Login instead.
    2. Right now our focus is not on the 1Password Keyboard, as we work on filling methods that can (not perfected yet, but we're getting there) offer a more seamless filling experience. It's something we'd like to revisit in the future though.
    3. Login filling is good to focus on (as opposed to other form types) since that's what most people use 1Password for; and it's also a good target for filling logic that is designed specifically for that purpose (as opposed to having 1Password try to understand more varied form types).

Changes we make in other areas can benefit this sort of use case along with others as well, so we're trying to cast a wide net with recent — and upcoming — improvements. It definitely helps to hear about this though so we can keep your feedback in mind in the future. Thank you! :)

Also Adobe apps (e.g. Capture, Premiere Clip, Photoshop Fix) only the username fills with autofill not the password.

Thanks for letting me know! I was able to reproduce that here. 1Password doesn't seem to recognize the "password" field as part of the login form, so it doesn't offer to fill there, and skips it when filling the username.

ref: OPA-1357

Also, a followup: upon further inspection of the PayPal issue, I've got good news and bad news for youL: The bad news is there isn't anything we can do there; they're using a webview instead of a native login form in the app, which is why 1Password thinks it can fill (and frankly you and I did too!) but it cannot. The good news is that this appears to be something that will be fixed in an upcoming Chrome release (since any webview on Android just uses Chrome behind the scenes) so there's a pretty good chance it will just start working for you in future months. Cheers! :)

ref: OPA-1318

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Thanks for the update and for clearing up the password vs login. I noticed that submissions were being saved as passwords I just never put 2 and 2 together. I was using passwords for anything that did not have a user and or a URL. Looks like I have some items to convert :smile: thanks again :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah yeah, that totally makes sense, and I'm sorry for the confusion there. Honestly, I wish we could just get rid of Password items as you're hardly alone in that, but it's hard to take things away without messing with people's workflows, even when there's good reason to do so. We'll keep trying to come up with a better solution though so 1Password is more intuitive in the future. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.