Keyboard fails on Android 7.0 device

bugs
bugs
Community Member

The keyboard fails repeatedly on Android 7.0 device. Most frequently it does not work at all - fails to open. When I click on a text field the keyboard does not show up. Sometimes when I click on a password, the username and password buttons don't appear, even though I've selected and entry. Very frustrating

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 7.0 Android
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard fails

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bugs: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, under which circumstances is this happening? Specific apps? Website? I'm not seeing anything like that here, so I probably just need to be looking in the right place. Thanks in advance! :)

• bugs
    bugs
    Community Member

OS is Android 7.0. app version is 6.62. Basically what will frequently happen is the keyboard will just not work, I put my cursor in a text field, and no keyboard comes up. No keyboard appears. Sometimes it appears in 3-5 seconds, sometimes not at all. To get any keyboard at all, I have to go to virtual keyboards->manage keyboards and disable the 1password so that I can use Gboard. When this happens, it seems to happen for all apps. Usually what I am using is Dolphin Browser. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bugs: Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'm not sure what could cause that, or what we can do since invoking the keyboard is handled by the OS. But I'd love to take a look at some diagnostics to see if we can narrow down the cause.

However, can you tell me more about the context? You mentioned Dolphin, but is it at certain websites, or in other apps as well, where you start having trouble bringing up the keyboard?

If you're still having the same problem, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#THZ-82392-628]

If you’re reading this and you are not bugs, this Support ID is for bugs only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: THZ-82392-628

This discussion has been closed.