Change from Google to Firefox.

Options
Gene_Beinke
Gene_Beinke
Community Member

Mac user. Changed from Google to Firefox. Google continues to open sites though I have enabled 1PW extension in Firefox. How do I get away from Google continuing to open sites so it is exclusively done by Firefox?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Have you set up Firefox to be your default browser (instead of Chrome)?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201607

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gene_Beinke: Also, if you're planning on not using Chrome at all going forward, it may be worth just uninstalling it. I don't mind it, but I agree that Firefox is looking pretty good these days. :)

And if it helps anyone else not using a Mac, on Windows the default browser can be changed in each browser — for example, Firefox Options > General > Startup. On Windows 10, there's also a way to choose this in Windows Settings > System > Default Apps > Web Browser. And when installing any nw browser it will prompt you to set it as the default. Cheers! ;)

• LB304
    LB304
    Community Member
    Options

it really depends on your personal usage. Like I am a person who has to do a lot of researches. for that sometimes i have to use sites of different languages. chrome translates the entire site for me.
    accepted that Firefox has got translation add on too, but it fails in a lot of occasions and doesn't let me access the subsequent pages. chrome does it far better. Firefox lets you use a free VPN that quite helps cause few sites are banned for my country. Firefox helps in those regards. still chrome remains my first priority for my works.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, very cool! That is one thing I love about Chrome, but Firefox is great too. Glad there's competition. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.