How do I access data from dead iphone? Phone synced to my laptop.

Options
srittenberg
srittenberg
Community Member

I have 1Password app on my iphone4. Phone not charging. How can I get to the data? The phone is synced to my laptop. I hope I remember the iTunes password.

Thank you.

Steve Rittenberg

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Iphone
Sync Type: Windows laptop I think. Can you check?
Referrer: forum-search:How do I access data from dead iphone? Phone synced to my laptop.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@srittenberg: Do you have your 1Password data on another device? If that one is completely dead (no power at all) it won't be possible for you or I to read data off of it. But if you have an iTunes backup, it may be possible for you to restore it to another device. I've had mixed success with this though, so your mileage too many vary. The best option would be if you have you 1Password data somewhere else. Let me know what you have to work with!

• srittenberg
    srittenberg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for answering. I have the iPhone synced to a laptop but I don't know how to access the data. If I can figure out a few key passwords today, I can wait until I get the phone fixed/replaced later this week.

• Ben
    Options

The only option I can think of is what brenty mentioned — restoring an iTunes backup to a different device. We’ve seen cases where this has to be done twice (restore the same backup to a device twice) in order for the 1Password data to be restored.

Let us know how you make out. :+1:

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Also, three, four, five times... :unamused:

This discussion has been closed.