After 10.13.2 update, cannot use 1Password in Safari unless mini is running

Options
asm907
asm907
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Mac

I never needed to keep 1Password mini running in the menu bar but since doing the 10.13.2 (Combo) update if I close mini and then try to open the Safari extension a second tab opens in the browser asking for permission to open 1Password and mini starts again. Otherwise there is no way to use 1Password in Safari.
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the safari 1Password extension as well as restarting the computer without success.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.2
Sync Type: 1Password for Teams

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asm907: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! This isn't new. 1Password mini is necessary for browser integration. Without 1Password mini running, even the main 1Password app window cannot function. Keeping 1Password mini running allows you to use 1Password mini in the browser even when the main 1Password app window is closed. Killing 1Password completely means there's no way for it to do anything you want it to. You can, however, set 1Password mini to run but not be shown in the menu bar, if that's what you're after. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.