Sync set up through Dropbox on iMac, iPhone, and previous MacBook. On new MacBook, can't

Options
greenmonkeyblue
greenmonkeyblue
Community Member

Sync set up through Dropbox on iMac, iPhone, and previous MacBook. On new MacBook, I get 1Password to select the path that leads to 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox, but when I click "Continue," it doesn't continue. Installed and uninstalled 1Password on the new MacBook 3 times, reinstalled Dropbox once, check sync on Preferences in Dropbox and it's o.k., all filled have been downloaded from Dropbox to the Mac. Turned the Mac off 2 times, then one more time overnight for good measure. No luck. Will I have to get a new password database? I was hoping 1Password wouldn't force me to use their cloud service.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @greenmonkeyblue - no, we don't force anyone to use 1password.com :) -- though I will point out that problems like the one you're experiencing now are a thing of the past with a 1Password membership.

However, for our users who prefer to use the more-advanced 3rd party manual-setup sync methods, we do have a great troubleshooting guide. Let us know if that helps you!

• greenmonkeyblue
    greenmonkeyblue
    Community Member
    Options

Success! Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@greenmonkeyblue - Fantastic! I'm so glad the troubleshooting guide worked for you. Have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.