Someone hacked my password? [false alarm, remembered Master Password]

mikedomg
mikedomg
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Lounge

I think someone has my password, perhaps through a key logger. Is there anyway to delete the database? I dont even care about the damage I'll do to myself. I'll fix it long term. How can I make sure no one gets in my accounts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:help

ref: RUD-46238-633

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @mikedomg! I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles.

The first thing I would like to suggest is that you slow down. Panicked people make very poor security decisions.

After that I would point out that if some account or other has been compromised, it has very likely happened through means that do not involve a compromise of 1Password. 1Password is among the very strongest links in the chain of your account security. I'm not trying to dismiss your evaluation of the situation, and I will continue to consider it a possibility until ruled out; but long experience has taught me to look at the weaker links first.

Doing so will involve learning much more detail from you which probably shouldn't be shared publicly, so we will follow up through email.

• mikedomg
    mikedomg
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Turns out i was just misremembering my password, and I kept compounding it by panicking as you mention.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

Likewise, thanks for following up! That's good news! I think we've all been there. And, frankly, we all make mistakes from time to time. I think that's a better problem to have than being hacked anyway! Don't ever hesitate to reach out if you have any questions though. We're here for you! :chuffed:

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

I have literally had nightmares about forgetting my Master Password. And invariably, I then get it wrong the first few times I try it after such a nightmare. I understand the panic, @mikedomg.

This discussion has been closed.