1Password 6.8.482 (Beta 3) is out!

Hi guys,

We just released 1Password 6.8.482 that we are hoping to be the first release candidate. Please do let us know what you think of it so far.

Known Issues:

1. After starting 1Password, direct filling via Control + \ may bring up 1Password mini if you have one Login item. Dismiss 1Password mini and try again, it'll fill. This will be fixed in a future update. {OPW-1697}
  2. 1Password may flash for a second during Windows sign-in. {OPW-1484}

Changelog

[NEW] 1Password will now display international Unicode domains (punycode) in the website fields and also, display the English translation next to it. {OPW-1609}
[NEW] Authenticated proxies and proxy auto-config files (PAC) are now supported. {OPW-673, OPW-1651}
[NEW] 1Password will select the first category, Logins, when displaying the New Item menu and it now supports type to select, typing 'b' would select Bank. {OPW-1662}
[IMPROVED] 1Password will now get Rich Icons using the Login's entire website address instead of its main domain only. {OPW-1620}
[IMPROVED] Design improvements on the custom title bar, its menus, item list, and the sidebar. {OPW-1594}
[IMPROVED] Search is now more responsive by waiting a little bit after user input before starting the search or clearing it. {OPW-1162}
[IMPROVED] Revealing super-long passwords are no longer truncated if it doesn't fit, it'll wrap to the next line. {OPW-1630}
[IMPROVED] 1Password now validates the Login's URL and software titles before requesting for a Rich Icon; it will no longer request it for Login items that have example.com URL saved, IP addresses and other invalid addresses. In addition, software license items must have a title, which cannot be the default title and it must be less than 80 characters. {OPW-1608}
[IMPROVED] For 1Password Teams customers, modifying custom templates will now be updated in real time within 1Password. {OPW-1228, OPW-754}.
[IMPROVED] 1Password will now throttle itself when attempting to reconnect to our 1Password.com service if the user's network went down but did not fully recovered. {OPW-1605, OPW-1603}
[IMPROVED] Updated to the latest 1Password Brain version, 26, for improved 1Password extension filling and saving. {OPW-1627}
[IMPROVED] 1Password can now handle up to 10 concurrent native messaging pipes, meaning you can run up to 10 different browser user profiles at the same time. {OPW-1673}
[IMPROVED] 1Password now updates your account profile regularly to ensure that its displaying the correct information for the devices you use. {OPW-1623}
[IMPROVED] Updated to the latest 1Password.com authentication APIs. {OPW-1622}
[IMPROVED] 1Password no longer display extra confirmation dialogs when trashing and restoring items as these actions are no longer irreversible as it was in the first early builds of 1Password 6. {OPW-1638, OPW-677}
[IMPROVED] When logging common events, 1Password will now increment the repeating log events instead of duplicating them. {OPW-1347}
[IMPROVED] Installation logs are moved from the temporary folder to the 1Password's logs subdirectory and they're also time-stamped, so that reinstalling the same 1Password version would not overwrite previous logs. {OPW-1571, OPW-1321}
[IMPROVED] 1Password now stream its log to a file on disk instead of holding it in memory. This reduce memory consumption and ensure the very most recent logs are saved prior to any abnormal exists. {OPW-1579}
[IMPROVED] 1Password now includes the browser version when generating a diagnostics report. {OPW-1652}
[FIXED] 1Password mini would show all password items for the site you're on if there is an existing Login item for the site. {OPW-1114}
[FIXED] 1Password was showing the default vault icon as the user avatar in the Accounts menu.
[FIXED] In search fields, typing a long entry can make it appear under the clear 'x' button instead of stopping right before it. {OPW-1671}
[FIXED] When performing a moving operation, 1Password logged it as copying instead. {OPW-1573}
[FIXED] Removed the Register 1Password Helper option as it will be done automatically if it is not registered at each 1Password start. {OPW-428}
[FIXED] Restored support for onepassword:// URI schemes that is used for adding accounts via links on 1Password.com site. {OPW-1629}
[FIXED] When maximizing 1Password, its borders will not be drawn. {OPW-1596}
[FIXED] After signing out of an account, 1Password didn't refresh its view to show All Vaults and incorrectly opened the Settings view. {OPW-1606}
[FIXED] It wasn't possible to create a new item in the vault that had the Create Item permission but not the Update Item permission. {OPW-1624}
[FIXED] Account names were missing in the frozen account message. {OPW-1664}
[FIXED] (Regression) Sort menu was missing a checkmark next to the selected sort option. {OPW-843}
[FIXED] (Regression) Control + Click on 1Password icon in the notification tray area would incorrectly focus the 1Password menu instead of the search field. {OPW-1569}
[FIXED] (Regression) Opening the main 1Password window via 1Password mini would incorrectly focus the 1Password menu. {OPW-1570}
[FIXED] (Regression) Certain keyboard shortcuts didn't work in 1Password window due to changes in the last beta update. {OPW-1646}
[FIXED] (Regression) During the first-time setup, certain menu options like Import were enabled but they're not usable. {OPW-1592}
[FIXED] (Regression) Category sorting was incorrect on the sidebar. {OPW-1666}
[FIXED] Typography, wording, and alignment improvements throughout the app. {OPW-1586, OPW-1612, OPW-1645}

Comments

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member

Looking good so far - thanks for adding additional native messaging pipes. I had run into infrequent crashes related to native messaging when invoking my antivirus provider's sandboxed safe banking browser instance while I had my primary browser still open. That seems to be resolved in this beta.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Hi, thanks for the update - it's also looking very good to me with the latest beta.

My only tiny niggle with the app now, and it is very small, is that I wish the copy, paste, reveal buttons were next to the selected fields instead of left-aligned, as per the Mac version.

Regarding custom icons, now that this feature has been temporarily removed, are my uploaded ones still stored on your servers, ready for when this feature returns in a future version?

I'm now really looking forward to 6.8 coming out of beta, so I can update the rest of my family to this version - it's another very solid release :+1:

• Hi @cvvorous,

Thanks for the feedback.

Even if you max out the pipes, it shouldn't cause the crashes but we're happy to hear it is stable now. Is this Kaspersky or which anti-malware solution are you using?

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Yeah, it was the combination of Kaspersky and the newest release of Firefox. The 1password tray icon would flash a firefox icon to show the second instance of Firefox (sandboxed) connecting, and 1password would die with a message about Native Messaging in event viewer.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

1) Lost secret key after rebooting after the update so had to re-enter it (windows 7). No biggie, but it happened. Was rebooting and only noticed it had changed after that.
    2) OPW-1630 Yeah! I complained about that one
    3) Lock icon a little more present, so appreciate that (also one of my feedbacks)

Thanks!

• Hi guys,

@pbryanw,

Sorry, I missed your post after I replied.

My only tiny niggle with the app now, and it is very small, is that I wish the copy, paste, reveal buttons were next to the selected fields instead of left-aligned, as per the Mac version.

I'm glad to hear that's the only tiny niggle you have left for 1Password on Windows and yes, we are planning to replicate that experience.

Regarding custom icons, now that this feature has been temporarily removed, are my uploaded ones still stored on your servers, ready for when this feature returns in a future version?

Yes, it is stored as part of your items and it will be visible once we restore this in the next beta series.

I'm now really looking forward to 6.8 coming out of beta, so I can update the rest of my family to this version - it's another very solid release :+1:

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

@cvvorous,

The 1password tray icon would flash a firefox icon to show the second instance of Firefox (sandboxed) connecting, and 1password would die with a message about Native Messaging in event viewer.

There's a new bug in Firefox we found where if you don't start 1Password before Firefox, exiting Firefox can cause 1Password itself to exit abnormally. We're filing a bug report with Mozilla to not do that.

@AlwaysSortaCurious,

1) Lost secret key after rebooting after the update so had to re-enter it (windows 7). No biggie, but it happened. Was rebooting and only noticed it had changed after that.

Can you clarify how you know it was lost or what you saw to think that?

2) OPW-1630 Yeah! I complained about that one

It's for you!

3) Lock icon a little more present, so appreciate that (also one of my feedbacks)

Also for you.

Please keep the feedback going!

• lol, @MikeT cause I had to enter in all my details... so perhaps, better still, lost all my login details and was being set up like a new install--url to my.1password, email address, secret key, and master password. Sorry, I wasn't clearer, I had secret key brain lock. And I have used 1password on this desktop at work since I got my subscription a couple of months ago.

• Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

That definitely is not supposed to happen. Can you please email us your 1Password diagnostics report, use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• @MikeT sent.

• Thanks, we got it.

At first glance, I don't see anything suggesting the credentials were lost or anything like that. We'll keep looking and reply to your email as soon as we can.

ref: MZT-71392-228

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

@MikeT - Many thanks for your feedback :+1: I was wondering if you would consider being able to trigger an update from the menu-bar. Just to make it a bit easier than the current way through settings?

• @MikeT thanks, maybe a rephrasing of the issue? Not lost, but I was prompted to re-enter all the details to my subscription... lol. Let's hope it was just my own isolated weirdness. I have devices that will be upgrading. If it happens again, I will pay more attention.

• @pbryanw: You should generally find 1Password updates automatically when it's locked. There are some variables at play here, of course, depending on how often you have 1Password both running and locked, but unless the team is pushing mid-day builds, even I rarely have to visit settings to update. I'll boot up my PC, go grab some coffee, and come back to new goodies. You might make sure you have the option to automatically update enabled, just in case? It's in Settings > Update (as you'd likely have guessed).

All of that said, even if just for those mid-day builds, I'd love to have quicker way to grab updates myself, so I'll pass along your idea and see if that's something we can do. :+1:

@AlwaysSortaCurious: I suspect we're getting lost in some semantics here. What I'd bet Mike means is that he doesn't see any indication that your credentials weren't saved in your local database as they should have been. The only case in which you should need to enter everything over again is if you reset your local database. You'll sometimes see a sign-in screen as well when you make changes to your credentials on 1Password.com. Either way, this shouldn't happen just because 1Password updated, so we'll want to track down what happened (and get things patched up if something went wrong). I'm glad you were well-prepared and had your sign-in info handy, but that's not always the case for everyone, so something like that happening is pretty icky and definitely something we'll want to track down. You're in excellent hands with Mike though, and I know you've always been a great help, so I have faith you two can get to the bottom of it. :chuffed:

• Thanks @bundtkate whatever you guys need. It was really odd. But to your point about access, yeah, with the subscription, I just have it on everything I own... With the secret key aspect of it, it really is almost a requirement since my hard copy is at home. I am not really sure how many folks really appreciate that aspect of the subscription. Really, 7 devices for one modest fee. two phones, two laptops, two desktops, one ipad. :)

• pawo
    pawo
    Community Member

Double-clicking on the log-in item in the main app doesn't work anymore - i.e. does not open the web-site in the browser!!? Typing Enter on it still works though. Can you please urgently re-install the double-clicking function. Thanks!

• pawo
    pawo
    Community Member

I mean here, double clicking openend the item in the browser and filled in the credentials. Now simply nothing happens anymore when you doubkle-click on it :-( :

• @pawo thanks for letting us know and sorry for the trouble, we'll get it fixed soon.

• pawo
    pawo
    Community Member

Thanks a lot :-)!

• Hi guys,

@pawo, we've just shipped an update to fix the regression with the double-click function.

• pawo
    pawo
    Community Member

outstanding, thank you!

• You're welcome!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

@bundtkate - I think I'm old-fashioned in that I like to read the release notes before I update, or maybe I'm just stuck in my ways. However, after updating to beta 6.8.484 I think the blue update banner works well enough for me, and maybe a menu-item isn't such a good idea :blush: I'd also forgotten that the banner takes you to the updates page, and shows in 1Password mini too :+1:

• MikeT
    edited December 2017

Hi @pbryanw,

We do plan to add it to the 1Password menu in the future. I'm a little too impatient to wait for the auto-update to do its magic. :smile:

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@MikeT - Thanks :chuffed: :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.