First Search Result Obscured

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member

This happens all the time in my primary vault, but I can't reproduce it in the Demo vault.

When I tap to enter a search term, the search field expands to include the buttons for Search Titles and Search Everything. However, it seems to obscure the first item in the list below.

When I subsequently type a search term that yields the target item at the top of the list, it is scrolled out of view:

Only a minor annoyance that has existed for some time, but it would be great if someone could fix it.

Many thanks

PP

1Password Version: 6.10 (61000001)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 11.1 Public Beta 2
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Penelope Pitstop,

Thanks for reporting this. Looks like the same bug we've got filed in our tracker, basically that a search hides the first item in the results list and displays second item instead … only on devices with 4" displays. So is it happening for you on a device with a 4" display, like an iPhone SE or 5c?

ref: OPI-4034

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Hi @sjk

An iPhone 7 actually.

This is a bit more subtle than that. Half of the first item in the list is obscured. It's not like it has scrolled perfectly to the second item.

I hope that helps.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

That's interesting, and all this info (which I've included in the previously filed bug) will be helpful to the developers -- thanks!

• ThomasPurchas
    ThomasPurchas
    Community Member

@sjk also seeing the same bug, happening on both an iPhone 7 and 7+.

Notably the search results need to extend off the screen to trigger it, if the results are shorter then you don’t see it.

Finally in my case it completely obscures the first result. Spent ages trying to figure out why the hell 1Password had lost one of my logins.

• Hi ThomasPurchas ,

Thanks for letting us know. We're looking into it. We can reproduce it here too.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPI-4034

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Thanks for the fix in the 7.0.4 beta!

This discussion has been closed.