484 - Verify proxy settings message incorrectly show up whenever 1Password is disconnected

This discussion was created from comments split from: Proxy authentication requests starting in 6.8.482 beta.

Comments

• nikgreen
    nikgreen
    Community Member

Hi

Currently running v6.8.484 on Windows 10 Pro (1709) and getting the same prompt to verify even though I am not using a proxy server.

If you click to edit proxy setting you get taken to a translucent 1Password window.

If you close and reopen the application then everything is OK.

Browser plugin v4.7.0.1 on **Chrome **Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit) seems not to be affected.

Seems to display the error after the PC has woken from sleep or been unlocked.

• MikeT
    edited December 2017

Hi @nikgreen,

Thanks, we were able to reproduce this and will fix this in the next update.

Our logic for proxy server detection is too vague and didn't test against offline connections in general. So, each time 1Password goes offline, the banner would appear. Waking up from sleep would make that happen because the app may have not Internet access yet as the system is still reconnecting.

The translucent window is a bug where it takes you to settings without the actual data loaded for the vaults, so we'll fix that by making sure the data is loaded prior to showing the settings.

• Hi @nikgreen,

Please give 6.8.485 a try now, we've fixed both issues.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Sorry but this is still happening with 6.8.485. Windows 10 x64.

• MikeT
    edited December 2017

Hi @TravelSD,

Thanks for letting us know.

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report and can you tell us the steps you're taking to reproduce this as well as your network setup? We were able to reproduce the original issue but not anymore in the latest updates.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Hi @TravelSD,

Did it happen only when you wake up or boot up computer? If you disconnect the internet, does the message show up? I got it to show up when waking up from sleep but not from switching or disconnecting the internet.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

It happens when I disconnect/reconnect my VPN. I sent an email with the diags report. Haven't tested wakeup or boot on this beta version.

• Hi @TravelSD,

Thanks, we think we know what the problem may be and we'll look into suppressing the banner until we can do a more reliable detection of network connectivity.

For now, is 1Password working fine when you switch between networks despite the erroneous banner?

ref: FTE-67629-993

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

yes it works minus the warning banner.

• MikeT
    edited December 2017

That's good to hear, thanks.

We'll suppress it in the next update.

• Hi @TravelSD and @nikgreen,

Can you give 6.8.488 a try and let me know if it is working without the message now.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Appears to have worked....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! Don't hesitate to reach out of you encounter any other issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.