1p4_zip file not found on iPhone

Options
mito_01
mito_01
Community Member

Hey!

I've a problem with my vault.
I had to restore my iPhone, luckily i could do a Backup before via iTunes which gave me the 1p4_zip, that i saved on my mac.

Now I reinstalled 1Passwort via the AppStore, selected "Create a standalone vault" and created a new Master pw (same as in my backup).
I then copied the 1p4_zip file via iTunes to the 1Passwort folder, but if i open the app on the phone this file is not found.
I also created an Backups folder with the 1p4_zip included and copied this to my phone with the same result...

Do I have to convert the file before??

Thank you for your advise!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited December 2017
    Options

@mito_01: It may be that you've followed all of these steps, but instructions to restore a backup on iOS can be found here. Were I to hazard a guess, it sounds like all is going well until step 6? Have you tried the various methods of transferring the file noted in Step 5 in the link, by chance? There's a few options there and then, of course, you do need to go into Settings > Advanced to restore the backup. Some nitty gritty details about where things are going off the rails could help us give you some better guidance. :chuffed:

• mito_01
    mito_01
    Community Member
    Options

Hey bund kate,
    thank you for your comment.

Yes, these are the steps I followed, and indeed it goes wrong at step 6. And I tried all possibilities of step5.

If I go to Settings > Advanced > restore the backup the app doesn't show my backup there.
    On that screen theres a note above that says that only "1-passwort 3-backup files" and "1pif"-files are accepted.
    I assume my 1p4_zip is not of that kind, however I created it on that iphone with the newest version of 1passwort just an hour before I tried to put it back....any other ideas?? :(

• mito_01
    mito_01
    Community Member
    Options

one more thing: if I rename my ".1p4_zip" to a ".1pif" file, it is recognised and shown in the app (Settings > Advanced > restore the backup). Of course the file is not working, but maybe a hint that theres something wrong with the .1p4_zip format...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi @mito_01,

Thanks for the extra details about what you've tried so far. That makes it easier to know what to suggest next. :+1:

Does the backup filename that you're having trouble restoring look similar to this?

1Password 2017-12-17 08_32_26 (3 profiles, 1263 items, 21 folders, 30 attachments).1p4_zip

Displayed another way:

1Password 2017-12-17 08_32_26 (3 profiles, 1263 items, 21 folders, 30 attachments).1p4_zip

That's all on one line; can't do anything about it being displayed with line wrapping. :)

If you post its filename here it'll help us determine why 1Password can't find and let you restore it.

And here's workaround you can try:

1. Make a copy of the original backup file you've been trying to restore.
    2. Rename that copy so it has exactly the same filename as the one above. It's the filename format, not the actual numbers in it, that might make a difference.
    3. Follow the steps in iOS: Restore a backup again, using the backup file you just renamed.

Also make sure 1Password isn't open/unlocked before step 6 or Restore Backup may be disabled.

Hopefully that helps and we look forward to hearing back from you again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• mito_01
    mito_01
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hey sjk,

Thank you for your reply.

I have no idea why, but it just worked out!!!

Thank you all so much!!! Big relief for me...

Enjoy your Sunday!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for letting us know! It sounds like it just took a bit for it to transfer. On behalf of sjk, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.