To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What is the best membership for sharing among family and work team members?

Options

I currently have an standalone license. I'd like to move to a membership to allow easier sharing. I'd like to share between my wife (on her iPhone, iPad, and PC), my office manager (on her 2 mac computers and iPhone), an employee (on his android phone and mac), and myself (on an iPhone, iPad, and mac). I'd also like to purchase the membership for my employee, but if he ever leaves, can we cleanly sever the sharing which his account and can he take his membership with him (I'm sure he'll be hooked on using 1Password by then). What is the best membership for our group of 4 people and all their devices?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Best membership for family and team

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @SlipstreamAviation,

Unless your wife is also part of the business I’d suggest that two separate memberships may be in order:

1. A 1Password Families membership which you and your wife would each have accounts under
    2. A 1Password Teams membership which you, your office manager, and your other employee would each have accounts under

If your wife is part of the business and you want to share business credentials with her then you could skip #1 entirely and add your wife to the 1Password Teams membership I suggested in #2.

but if he ever leaves, can we cleanly sever the sharing which his account and can he take his membership with him

This isn’t currently something that we offer, but it has been discussed and may be something that will be possible in the future. Right now if the employee were to leave they would then need to sign up for a membership of their own and assuming you haven’t already deleted them from the 1Password Teams membership they could migrate their items into their own membership.

You can learn about how to move your existing 1Password data to a membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.