To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost access to my site

Options
agkoo
agkoo
Community Member

After reinstalling Windows 10 on my PC, I noticed 1Password did not accept my Master Password. I also realized that I am not able to log on to my 1Password site either. This probably indicates that at one point I have changed my Master Password, but I have no actual recollection of this. (Until now, I wasn't aware that the Master Password could be different on my PC, phone, and my site - I assumed it was one entity.) I tried a number of passwords but none of them allowed me to access my site. In the meantime, I restored the AppData\Local\1Password\data folder on my PC from a backup. I can access 1Password on my PC and my Android smartphone - but cannot logon to my site. Should I export my vault on the PC, and create a new profile? Or should I wait and see if a future version of 1Password for Windows will be able to sync up the Master Password from the PC to the site?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@agkoo: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password will not change your Master Password on you. It uses the one you chose for the first vault/account you have setup in the app. Are you able to access all of your 1Password data by signing into 1Password.com?

• agkoo
    agkoo
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

@brenty: I cannot sign in to 1Password.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@agkoo: Where are you able to access your 1Password data? Which OS and 1Password version do you have there?

• agkoo
    agkoo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Android 7.0 1Password 6.7 and PC Windows 10 1Password 6.7.457 - these work OK. If I had started with the database restoration on the PC after it was reinstalled, I would not have noticed that I was unable to sign in to 1Password.com. I never logged on to the site after I first created my account, about a year ago. Will it have an adverse effect on my ability to extend my yearly subscription, for example?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@agkoo: If you're not able to sign into your 1Password.com account at all, then I would say that's a problem going forward. I wouldn't want you to continue to pay for the account if you cannot use it. I'm not sure I understand your situation fully, so if that is the case please contact us at support@1password.com using your account's registered email address and post the Support ID you receive here so we can help you get things sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.