Can't get 1P install on new device to see my vault

Options
jimdoc01
jimdoc01
Community Member

2 weeks ago I upgraded my iPhone 6+ to an iPhone X. I installed from the last backup of the 6+ and downloaded all the apps – and then updated the 1P app. On the new X-phone 1Password works fine.
I then took my wife's iPhone 5S, backed it up, wiped the 6+, restored the 6+ from the 5S backup (which did NOT have 1Password on it), swapped her SIM card into the 6+, and downloaded the latest 1Password.
I am unable to get 1P on the 6+ to login or see my vault. When I start up 1P, I get a screen offering alternatives for "New to 1Password / Already using 1Password"; the latter offers 4 choices, of which iCloud seems to be correct for me. But when I tap that, I then get an error message saying, "CloudKit access was denied by user settings" – but I can't find anything in user settings referring to CloudKit.
What is my next step?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version:
OS Version: iOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am unable to get 1P on the 6+ to login or see my vault.

@jimdoc01: I think I've got a handle on this, but what you said there is unclear. Please let me know if it's relevant.

When I start up 1P, I get a screen offering alternatives for "New to 1Password / Already using 1Password"; the latter offers 4 choices, of which iCloud seems to be correct for me.

If you were syncing with iCloud previously, then that sounds right.

But when I tap that, I then get an error message saying, "CloudKit access was denied by user settings" – but I can't find anything in user settings referring to CloudKit. What is my next step?

It sounds like either you've disabled iCloud Drive (CloudKit depends on that) or something is wrong with your iCloud account. Have you noticed anything else off?

• jimdoc01
    jimdoc01
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @brenty. As a variant of Murphy's Law, after suffering with the problem for several hours, I figured it out about 1 hour after posting about it.
    For some ATT reason, the iPhone that I switched from my SIM to my wife's SIM isn't getting any cellular data, and at the time of the problem, Wifi had gotten turned off. So it couldn't access iCloud.
    Problem solved … at least THAT problem. Now to go to ATT and solve the other one…

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @jimdoc01. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.