To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I share a login or other info in 1Password with someone else? LastPass does this.

Options
nedrob
nedrob
Community Member

My boss gave me LastPass to see if we should roll out to our company. As a long time 1Password user, I've advocated for 1Password but LastPass has a feature that lets you securely share specific info with other users, even if they are not LassPass users. How can I do this with 1Password so I can advocate for your product?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sharing

Comments

• Hi @nedrob,

For this, you'll want 1Password Teams. When you're using 1Password Teams, you'll be able to easily create vaults that are shared between multiple users, allowing you to share logins. You can read more about 1Password teams here: https://1password.com/teams/

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help.

Rick

• nedrob
    nedrob
    Community Member
    Options

I don't want teams because the other person may not have a 1Password account. I want to be able to send them a link to a single item and have 1Password manage the login to that link and only that link. This is a standard feature of LastPass and I need to be able to show that 1Password can do the same otherwise we will standardize on LastPass. As a very long time user of 1Password, that would be a real shame.

• Ben
    Options

With 1Password Teams you’d invite the other person to create an account within your team. This could be a guest account, that only has access to a single vault, and is counted separately from Team Members for billing purposes. That is how you’d then be able to share encrypted items with them.

1Password does not have a feature that does what you’ve described.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.