To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot/didn’t create secret key?

varozc
varozc
Community Member

I originally signed up for 1Password on iOS about 2 years ago. I recall creating a master password, prior to adding my various logins and passwords. Since then, I’ve always logged in on my phone with Touch ID, or master password if needed. I recently shattered my iPhone and had to replace it. Upon restoring my new device from my last backup, I was required to log back in to all my apps. 1Password is now asking me for a ‘secret key’, which I have no recollection of creating - can someone please direct me on why I’m being asked for this now? And if I did create a secret key, how it can be recovered? Thank you!

Comments

• @varozc,

Based on your description you would've setup 1Password for iOS before 1Password.com memberships existed and as a result you wouldn't have a secret key at all.

Did you happen to setup 1Password to sync using iCloud/Dropbox/WLAN Sync on your old device? If you did then you'd choose one of those "I already use 1Password" options on the setup screen.

If you didn't setup sync and don't have a backup of your 1Password data somewhere else, and the old Phone is no longer functional enough to extract the data then I'm sorry to say that its pretty likely that your data isn't recoverable, as in the world prior to 1Password.com memberships we had none of this data.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.