How to recover my 1password password?

jwirt113
jwirt113
Community Member
edited December 2017 in iOS

How can I recover the password for the 1password subscription that I still think maybe active but I have not usef it in a awhile. I need to reinstall 1Password on my two desktop computers and on my iPad and get it running again. How can I accomplish this? My email address is [removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum].

1Password Version: None
Extension Version: Cannot remember
OS Version: iOS latest version
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How to recover my 1password password?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwirt113: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! To be clear, if you're using a 1Password.com membership, iCloud is not involved at all. Do you have a 1Password.com account? (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Secret Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.