How to move Notes below Sections [Reordering custom sections is coming in a future update]

mwd01
mwd01
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm working with records that were imported from another source. The import put the content into the Notes field. I'm moving content in Notes to records within a Section. When I'm done the Notes remains on top of the Section where I've parsed out username, password, url, etc. I know how to move records up and down within a Section. Is there a way to change the order of Sections and Notes please?

1Password Version: 6.8.488
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mwd01,

Thanks for writing in.

At the moment, it is not possible to re-order the sections. It is coming in a future update along with a drag handler to make it easier to drag fields and sections around but we don't have a timeframe on this.

Note that the default notes field is always at the bottom, so it can't be re-ordered because it is not a custom section.

For now, if it is a few items, you could create another section on the bottom, move the data from the original Notes section into the bottom one and delete the first section.

• Hi @mwd01,

It just occurs to me that you may be talking about Secure Notes items, not note fields.

In this case, that is intentional, Secure Note is a note item, that's why the note field is on top only and cannot be moved up and down.

• mwd01
    mwd01
    Community Member

Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! We're here if you have any other questions. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.