I can't find 1Password Helper

I just got a new HP Envy running Windows 10. I installed 1Password ( I already have it on my phone and an old HP laptop, all working fine) and got the extension. When I try to open it from the extension it says that it couldn't connect to 1Password. When I try to open the app itself it says to make sure I have the latest version. I just downloaded it so I have to assume it's the newest. Help!

1Password Version: not sure
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: OneDrive, Google Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do I find the 1Password Helper?

Comments

• @grehrlich58: The one thing I'm aware of that tells you to make sure you have the latest version installed is the 1Password extension for Edge from the Windows Store. We don't have the main app in the Windows Store, so if you've installed from the Store, you've probably got yourself an extra extension and are still missing the main app. If you did install 1Password from the Windows Store, let me know the version of 1Password you have installed on the old HP laptop and I'll point you towards the right app to install on the new one. :chuffed:

• grehrlich58
    grehrlich58
    Community Member

bundtkate: You are correct, it was downloaded from the Windows Store, not by choice. I tried from Google Play Store but it said that it was already downloaded, which I hadn't on my new HP but was on a tablet and on my old HP. However, I'm assuming it has something to do with doing it on the same google account? I know I shouldn't assume.... If there is a way around that I would rather do it from Google. I have version 4 on my old one.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@grehrlich58: Thanks for clarifying! If you'd like to continuing using 1Password 4 with your existing data, you can install that version and open your existing vault there. I've also resent your license details via email so you'll have the key to register the app. You'll need to have the app installed for the extension to work.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the current apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• grehrlich58
    grehrlich58
    Community Member

@brenty: Help! I downloaded and signed up for the 1Password.com family membership. 1) The extension still doesn't seem to work, it tells me that I need the Helper. 2) Can I not open a new vault with my old master password from version 4 and retrieve everything?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@grehrlich58: If you're using a 1Password.com membership, you can just install 1Password 6 from the Get the Apps page in your account:

https://start.1password.com/apps

From there, it's easy to import your existing data — no need to use version 4:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?windows#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.