i replaced iPhone 6 plus with an 8 plus. i can not access 1password on my new phone. can you help?

mmk0923
mmk0923
Community Member

on my old phone all i did was click on the app and type in a password. now on my new phone its asking for a secret key that i know nothing about. my phone was backed up to iCloud every night and sprint backed it up before switching my phones out. i don't think I had a membership and i know I'm not with a team or any kind of group. I used the app for me personally on my phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i replace my iPhone 6 plus with an 8 plus. can't access 1password. help

Comments

• Hi @mmk0923,

Unless you have a subscription membership you won’t have a Secret Key. Using the app without a membership is called using 1Password “standalone.” In this mode you’re responsible for setting up syncing of your data — AgileBits/1Password.com does not have your 1Password data.

Sync your 1Password data

Note that since your data currently only exists on the old phone you’d need to set up syncing there first, and then set up the new phone using the same sync option.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mmk0923
    mmk0923
    Community Member

So basically if I did not sync it to my new phone i have lost everything?

• That is correct. Sorry. By default when not using a 1Password.com membership your data is only stored on your device. If you did not back it up or sync it and no longer have access to it on the original device then it would, unfortunately, be gone.

Did you perhaps make a backup of 1Password?

1Password backups

Ben

This discussion has been closed.