1Password on IOS11.2.1 no vault

Options
Stackmann
Stackmann
Community Member
edited December 2017 in iOS

Hi,

I recently found out that data in 1Password on my Iphone7 and Win10 are different. So I stopped sync on my IPhone and deleted the data.
Now I reinstalled 1Password and chose "iCloud". But no vaults are found in my ICloud.
1Password for Win10 works fine.
My Vault is found here: C:\XXX\YYY\iCloudDrive\Apps\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Win10, Version 4.6.2.626

Thanks in advance,
Chris

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS:11.2.1
_Sync Type:
ICLOUD

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Chris ( @Stackmann )

1Password’s iCloud sync does not use iCloud Drive. iCloud Drive is intended for syncing files. Instead we use CloudKit (also a part of iCloud), which is intended for syncing databases (like 1Password).

Windows does not support CloudKit. Instead you’d need to sync your data using Dropbox, or a 1Password.com membership (subscription required):

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Stackmann
    Stackmann
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

ok, how do I migrate my data to 1Password- subscription? If I do, how do I set it up in Windows? Actually I've got a licensed copy of 1Password. Is that enough?

Thanks in advance and a good start to 2018,
    Chris
    ~~

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@Stackmann: If you'd like to migrate your existing data from a local vault to a new 1Password.com account, just follow the steps here on your PC:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Then you'll just need to setup the app with your account on your other devices and you'll be all set. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions. And I hope you've had a wonderful holiday season and new year to come as well! :)

• Stackmann
    Stackmann
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi,
    one more question: On Windows I can use 1Password with Dropbox or with an 1Password subscription. Just a stupid question: Why should I use a 1Password subscription? What are my benefits compared to Dropbox?

What is meant with "App upgrades included"?
    Do I still need a licensed copy of 1Password?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@Stackmann: Great questions! :)

On Windows I can use 1Password with Dropbox or with an 1Password subscription. Just a stupid question: Why should I use a 1Password subscription?

And not a stupid one at all: perhaps the best question! This goes over pretty much everything:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

But be sure to let me know if you have questions about a particular feature.

What are my benefits compared to Dropbox?

It really depends on the person, as not everyone is going to use all of the features. But as a long-time Dropbox user myself, these are my favourites:

• Not having to configure sync for each vault on each device separately.
    • Faster, more efficient syncing for 1Password data.
    • Automatic offsite backup and item history — this is key, because Dropbox is not a backup: it will dutifully sync file deletion and data corruption as well!

What is meant with "App upgrades included"?

Normally a new major version would have an upgrade fee. But with a 1Password.com membership there is no additional charge.

Do I still need a licensed copy of 1Password?

Nope! Everything is included in a 1Password.com membership: you just sign into your account to access your data. :sunglasses:

• Stackmann
    Stackmann
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    "Do I still need a licensed copy of 1Password?
    Nope! Everything is included in a 1Password.com membership: you just sign into your account to access your data. "
    That's the point I like best. Ok, I'll try it.
    Thanks,
    Chris

• Ben
    Options

Yes indeed. :) Please let us know how it turns out! We’re here to help if you have any trouble.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.