Filling One Time Passwords

13»

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, I'm happy to hear it's working for you as well! :) :+1:

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Should it already work on Github as well?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Yep! That's one of the ones we tested with initially, and others have confirmed it's working correctly there for them. But certainly if we break something, or need to make improvements for other sites, let us know. :chuffed:

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@brenty I've tried on Github and it doesn't fill the TOTP. That's why I was asking. Strange

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Dang it. You're right. I swear I just logged in there, but perhaps that was longer ago than I thought and we've broken something. Thanks for letting us know!

ref: b5x-80

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I‘m glad it‘s not me ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Me too. :lol: :+1:

• twonine
    twonine
    Community Member

I can't get this to work on kraken.com:
    https://www.kraken.com/en-us/login

Looking in the source, this looks like the relevant login block:
    <input type="password" tabindex="2" class="form-control" name="password" autocomplete="off" placeholder="Password" />
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class="form-group">
    <input type="password" tabindex="4" autocomplete="off" class="form-control" name="otp" placeholder="Two Factor Authentication (if enabled)" />

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@twonine: It looks like this is a somewhat rare case where the OTP field is type="password". I've reproduced this issue and we shouldn't have any issues getting this resolved and rolled into an update soon.

Thanks for submitting this website to help us improve TOTP filling! :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Mongoose089
    Mongoose089
    Community Member

Maybe I'm missing it, is there a way yet to set up OTP in 1Password X on a Chromebook or Android App? I'd prefer not to have to spin up my Mac or Windows PC while I switch from Authy and Lastpass

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mongoose089: Thanks for reaching out! 1Password X doesn't yet have a built in editor, so it relies on the 1Password.com web interface for that. You can save new Login item using 1Password X, and then Edit it in your account on 1Password.com to create a new field and add the TOTP information:

Then you'll be able to access that information right within 1Password X in Chrome. And meanwhile, we're working toward making 1Password X even more awesome, so it can do more of these kinds of things on its own in future versions. I hope this helps. Blu be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Mongoose089
    Mongoose089
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks. I did try that but didn't realize you had to put the code in before the button on the right appeared. I tried clicking it with just a label in

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, glad that helped! I'm sorry about that. Currently, you cannot change a field type without entering something there since the field does not exist yet. But you're right that it's bit confusing. Definitely something we'd like to make more intuitive in the future. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

ref: b5-3491

• Huh. GitHub should be working as I test that all the time. It's actually one of my explicit tests I run before publishing a new build.

@Mongoose089: Can you verify that it's still failing for you in version 1.2.2 that we just published? If it is, could you share the exact URL you're using so I can be 100% sure we're on the same page?

Thanks!

• Mongoose089
    Mongoose089
    Community Member

@dteare : I'm not sure what you mean, I didn't have trouble with a site. But yes, you still cannot change the field type when there is no data in it. I don't mind entering the code then changing the type. Just not intuitive.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mongoose089: Ah, sorry! I think Dave got you mixed up with Manaburner. We've actually had a lot of discussion about the TOTP editing issue you brought up because we need to improve this not only in 1Password X but a few other places as well. We'll get it fixed up so it's more intuitive and consistent across all of the apps. Thank you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Is TOTP filling working for you at GutHub? Let me know if this matches what you're seeing:

1. Fills fine at login URL: https://github.com/login
    2. Does not automatically fill at two-factor URL: https://github.com/sessions/two-factor
    3. But selecting the GitHub login a second time (or Ctrl/Command Shift X) will correctly fill the TOTP code there

I believe that's what @beyer and @dteare are referring to, but I'll let them jump in and correct me if I've misunderstood.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @brenty that’s exactly what I see

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Perfect! Thanks for letting me know. :)

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

@brenty I have a different experience, it will not fill in any TOTP on Github no matter what URL I am using. Just in general, having a lot of issues with TOTP's and 1PasswordX. It's not working on many of the sites I use.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Taz77: Thanks for getting in touch about that then! Can you give me a few details so we can try to track this down?

• 1Password X version
    • Chrome version
    • GitHub login URL
    • Exact steps you're taking

Let's focus on GitHub for now since we can compare that to how it's working here, and then we can get additional information if you're still having trouble with others afterward. Thanks in advance!

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

@brenty I just installed latest stable, 1.3. Chrome is the latest for Mac (63.0.xxxxxx). URLs are all the ones listed in your post from 8 Dec.

I have clicked on the 1pass icon in the login field and I have used the keyboard shortcut in Chrome. Neither will fill the TOTP on any login URL for Github.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Taz77: Ah, I see. As I mentioned in my post on December 8th, this is expected: you'll need to open 1Password X and select the login for it to fill the TOTP code. I'm sorry for any confusion there.

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

@brenty That does not work either. Any method I use, no TOTP gets put into the form or into the clipboard. I am going to revert back to the other app, too many things I don't like about 1PasswordX.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Taz77: I'm sorry to hear that, but not sure we're understanding each other. Do you mean that if you click on the GitHub login in 1Password X whole you're at the TOTP stage of the login process the code is not filled there? If thats the case, I'd love to figure out what's different about your setup than everyone else's. It should not be filled if you do not do that, or be copied to the clipboard. Please let me know.

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

@brenty You are correct. No matter what I do, I do not get TOTP codes inserted into forms or copied to a clipboard. This happens on other sites as well. It does work on AWS console login. But at the same time, the old app works fine everywhere on my setup, rather flawlessly I might add too!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Taz77: Thank you for confirming that! As you can imagine, we're quite fond of the native 1Password app + extension ourselves, so you'll hear no argument from me if you prefer that. :chuffed:

However, given that this is an issue we're not able to reproduce here, would you be willing to send us some additional information so we can try to narrow down the cause? What are are you seeing in Chrome's Javascript console (⌘ ⌥ J) when you try to fill the TOTP? And since it works for you on AWS, I wonder if you'd be able to give us sanitized JSON of the GitHub login. Maybe there's something we can learn fro mid as well. And thank you again for bearing with my endless questions! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.