To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Am fremden Rechner einloggen?!

miiichael
miiichael
Community Member

Hallo 1Password Forum,
ich habe heute einen Zugang zu 1Password erhalten und meine Passwörter auf dem Mac sowie iPhone abgespeichert.
Ein 1Password Emergency Kit PDF habe ich auch.

Meine Frage, wie kann ich, falls ich im Urlaub mein Handy verliere, ausgeraubt werde usw. mich an einem fremden Rechner bei 1Password einloggen um an meine wichtigen Unterlagen zu kommen?

Viele Grüße, Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@miiichael: If you have a 1Password.com membership, you can use your Emergency Kit to sign into your account in a web browser. However, it is not safe to access secure information on a public computer. Please be careful.

Google Translate:

Wenn Sie eine 1Password.com-Mitgliedschaft haben, können Sie Ihr Emergency Kit verwenden, um sich in Ihrem Konto in einem Webbrowser anzumelden. Es ist jedoch nicht sicher, auf sichere Informationen auf einem öffentlichen Computer zuzugreifen. Bitte seien Sie vorsichtig.

• miiichael
    miiichael
    Community Member

I do not have the Emergency Kit there if i´m on vacation. Or does somebody do that?
    In fact, when i loose my mobile phone i have no access to my passwords like gmail, identification card etc. because my passwords are generated by 1password ;-)

• The solution would seemingly be to not lose your phone and/or carry your printed Emergency Kit with you. ;) If you’re going to carry your Emergency Kit, I’d recommend carrying a copy that does not have the Master Password written in (memorize your Master Password). If you ever find your Emergency Kit missing I’d suggest logging in and changing your Secret Key and Master Password.

That is really all I could suggest here. I hope that helps!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@miiichael: Or leave a copy of your Emergency Kit with a trusted friend or family member. You can always not include your Master Password in that, and generate a new Secret Key afterward. However, I've found that, in an actual emergency, 1Password is by far the least of my concerns. I guess it depends on the situation.

• miiichael
    miiichael
    Community Member

yes, it depends on the situation.
    Just in case, i had a copy of my flight ticket, identification card and list of telefon numbers saved at dropbox. I guess 1password would be the better, more secure option?!
    Thank you for your support.

• @miiichael: From someone with a tendency to lose her phone while traveling, I cannot recommend keeping your Emergency Kit with you enough. What I do is keep mine on a USB drive that lives on my keychain. Personally, I have an easier time keeping track of my keys because they live in my purse and I rarely use them while traveling so I have no reason to take them out and drop them like the klutz I often am. I lock the USB drive with a strong password that I memorize and do not include my Master Password so that if I do happen to lose it, I won't be in big trouble.

As far as storing things you cannot lose access to on Dropbox rather than in 1Password, that's really up to what you're most comfortable with. 1Password is probably already protecting your Dropbox login, so hopefully things you keep there are pretty darned safe. Still, if you'd prefer these things be locked up in 1Password, I'd say having a copy of your Emergency Kit handy will keep you pretty well covered. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.