Old IPSW For iPhone 4S running iOS 9?

samgabbay
samgabbay
Community Member

Does anyone have a IPSW package for a 1Password Version that works on iOS 9?

Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @samgabbay,

Before we go any further: our official recommendation would always be to run both the latest iOS and 1Password.

When you download an app from the App Store your Apple ID is associated with that download. As such even if someone were to send you such a file you’d need their Apple ID credentials in order to install or update it. This is problematic for obvious reasons. :) As such we’d highly discourage anyone from doing so.

You may be able to download an older version of 1Password on an older version of iOS if 1Password for iOS is already associated with your Apple ID (i.e. you’ve downloaded it in the past). You can try opening the App Store > Updates > Purchased > scroll (don’t search) to find and download 1Password.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• samgabbay
    samgabbay
    Community Member

Hi Ben!

No, i haven't purchased it in the past. And i understand. Thank you:)

Cheers mate!

Sam

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If you can purchase it on another device, the App Store will allow you to install the latest compatible version from your Apple ID's purchase history. Cheers! :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Does anyone have a IPSW package for a 1Password Version that works on iOS 9?

IPSW files are firmware images for iOS devices; Apps are stored in IPA files instead (under the hood they both seem to be ZIP files).

And indeed: Apps are tightly coupled to an Apple ID, which protects both producers (against piracy) and customers (against malware - a common issue on platforms where people steal software using obscure sources).

OT: To be honest I have never found (“official”) definitions of these abbreviations. I would love to learn about them!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Ah, I missed that. I think it's just "IPhone App" and "IPhone SoftWare" respectively. Nothing too exciting. :)

This discussion has been closed.