To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What exactly is the type of 1Password package/account that comes with Eero Plus?

Options

I've just gotten my Eero setup and see that they offer a 1Password account along with Eero Plus. What exactly do you get with that setup? I do not currently have a 1Password account. I sync my Agile Keychain via Dropbox. What should/could I expect if I purchase Eero Plus?

1Password Version: 6.8.4 (Mac App Store)/iOS 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:eero

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@The18thLetter: eero Plus includes 1Password Families as one of its perks. They have a support article on how to get that setup as part of eero Plus:

How do I sign up for 1Password? (eero Plus)

And then you can find more information about how to use it on our support site:

Share 1Password with your family

Personally, even after being a Dropbox user myself for so long, I prefer 1Password.com memberships since it is so much easier to sync, share, and setup new devices — I just sign into my 1Password account and I'm done.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• The18thLetter
    The18thLetter
    Community Member
    Options

Hey brenty,

Thanks for the info! A couple more questions about this, if you don't mind:

1. Does the 1Password for Families perk that comes with eero Plus also include the ability for my family members to have their own 1Password vaults to store their private data? Or do they only have access to the shared vaults, and I'm the one with a full account?

2. With a 1Password Account versus Dropbox, I'm not clear as to what the pros and cons of each are. Can you help tp explain? I'm sure it's listed on the site somewhere, but I couldn't zero in on it. (If you have a link handy I'd gladly appreciate that also if it's too much to explain.)

Thanks again for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey brenty, Thanks for the info! A couple more questions about this, if you don't mind:

@The18thLetter: Don't mind at all! :chuffed:

Does the 1Password for Families perk that comes with eero Plus also include the ability for my family members to have their own 1Password vaults to store their private data? Or do they only have access to the shared vaults, and I'm the one with a full account?

Both! ;)

Normally with 1Password Families you'll probably want to invite your loved ones as regular family members. In that case, they will each have their own account, with a Master Password they choose, a Personal/Private vault which only they can access, and then access to any vaults shared with them (by default, there is a family-wide Shared vault). Five family members are included

However, if you want to, you could invite some as guests. Then they would still have their own account and Master Password, but only access to a single vault you share with them. Many people like to do this for elderly relatives or younger children who might need help managing things.

With a 1Password Account versus Dropbox, I'm not clear as to what the pros and cons of each are. Can you help tp explain? I'm sure it's listed on the site somewhere, but I couldn't zero in on it. (If you have a link handy I'd gladly appreciate that also if it's too much to explain.)

Basically 1Password.com does everything Dropbox does but better, at least with regard to 1Password. Dropbox is a great service, and I've used it for about a decade now myself, but it's geared toward general file syncing and not designed expressly for 1Password, so 1Password.com is just a lot more efficient because we've created it just for 1Password data. While syncing and sharing 1Password vaults via Dropbox is possible, it is also a huge pain in the butt, and I say that as someone who has no trouble doing it; it's just a hassle, since each individual vault needs to be configured to sync on each individual device. This is tedious, to put it mildly. I really didn't think it would make much difference to me personally, since I'm totally used to using Dropbox to sync my 1Password vaults. But signing into a single account to setup 1Password on a new device and get all of my data there almost instantaneously has really spoiled me. And for my family members, it's even easier, since any vaults I share with them just show up on their devices without them having to do a thing. :sunglasses:

Thanks again for your help.

Sure thing! Here if you have any more questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.