To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Issue: Account access

Options
bvanlierop
bvanlierop
Community Member

Hello Password1 Support,

I just created a new Family account for Password1. I did not provide any additional information yet (payment information). I opened the confirmation email on my phone and they instantly asked me to fill out a form with my personal information, so I did. A prompt showed asking me to save the emergency kit (with the SecretKey), but they gave me the option to remind me later. I choose to remind me later, since I wanted the emergency kit on my laptop and not on my phone. However, I am on my laptop now and I can't access my account, since I need the secret key. I tried to log in from my phone again (Safari: iOS 11), but they also asked me for the secret key. So I have no way to get in my account now. Hope you can help me out, because I can't continue to setup my account.

Greetings,
B. van Lierop

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bvanlierop
    bvanlierop
    Community Member
    Options

Please note: I just started the same conversation through email. Since I don't think I can recover my secret key on a public forum.

• bvanlierop
    bvanlierop
    Community Member
    Options

I see that I do not have any response yet. Is it possible that a member of AgileBits support can delete my account, so I can start over?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@bvanlierop: To be clear, AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted. We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Secret Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account.

Since we'll have to discuss account details, and this is a public forum, let's continue the conversation via email and close this discussion. That will also reduce confusion, rather than trying to carry on the same conversation in multiple places — which also slows down the support process for everyone. :blush:

ref: YMQ-99352-612

This discussion has been closed.