Personal Account to Family

Options
cbrabago
cbrabago
Community Member

I have a personal account with 1 Password. I would like to upgrade it to a family account. However, I set up a family account when that feature was on beta and it seems like I now have two accounts. Is there a way I can merge both accounts and upgrade my current account to a family account?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cbrabago - thanks for writing in. Accounts can't be "merged" on the server, but there are a couple of other options we can pursue to get you where you'd like to be. Can I ask: if you have an older 1Password Families account, do you still have all the login credentials for it? In other words, do you have the Secret Key and can you remember the Master Password for this account? Thanks in advance for your response.

• cbrabago
    cbrabago
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure I have the secret key but do have the master password of the family account and can login to it on the web.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cbrabago: Great! If you're able to sign into 1Password.com in your web browser, you can find your account credentials there:

https://start.1password.com/profile

And be sure to save a copy of your Emergency Kit while you're there, in case you ever need it.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• cbrabago
    cbrabago
    Community Member
    Options

So I there a way for me to merge both accounts and upgrade the personal account to a family account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cbrabago: There isn't a way to merge two separate accounts, but you can upgrade an account to a 1Password Families plan (just click "Invite People" on the right on 1Password.com in your web browser to get started), and if you sign into both accounts in the app you can move items from one to the other. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.