I use !PW on my mac and my iphone. How can my husband log in from his iphone

Options
Barno
Barno
Community Member

I use 1pw on my mac and iphone. My husband wants to share from his iphone. The app is asking for the irl, email address secret key and password. we cant find a secret key. how can we set him up for his phone? Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.2 (662005) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 1pw4
OS Version: 10.11.06
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I use !PW on my mac and my iphone. How can my husband log in from his phone

Comments

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

@Barno

Open 1Password on your iPhone, press Settings, press 1Password Accounts, tap your name under Your Accounts and then click Reveal Your Secret Key.

You'll only have a Secret Key if you're a 1Password subscriber. If you use the free version then you'll need to manually synchronise your data. If you're a subscriber then the process is much easier.

• Hey @Barno! I’m sorry for the confusion about an account. I see that you're syncing with Dropbox right now and purchased a license for 1Password for Mac, which doesn't include an account so you won't have a Secret Key associated with one. 1Password accounts are part of subscriptions, which have automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have. Check out this article for more info about 1Password accounts:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Creating a family account would be the easiest way to share 1Password with your husband since he would get the 1Password app on his iPhone and any other devices he uses. :) I would be happy to help you get moved over to 1Password Families if that's what you choose. Here's what I would recommend:

1. Sign up your family.
    2. Invite your husband and any other family members and start sharing those with them.
    3. Move your existing data over to actually have things to share with them. :)
    4. Add an additional family organizer (your husband is the best one) just in case you lose your Secret Key or Master Password.
    5. Your husband can set up 1Password on his devices and get started.

There are certainly some specifics to it, so please let me know if you have any questions at all about those. The guides I linked to should cover things thoroughly, and I'm excited to hear what you think of 1Password Families!

This discussion has been closed.