To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I get OUT of the family plan?

Options
stonerrt
stonerrt
Community Member

No one else in my family uses 1password, every time it opens it throws an authentication error asking for a Master password which vanished from the emergency kit, and I don't want to pay anymore for something that I don't use. I still want to use 1password on my computer and handhelds.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I exit the family plan?

Comments

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    Options

Master password field is Always blank in the emergency kit. It’s something you create and when you print it out you could write it down . Secret key also needed and that’s important and randomly generated.I’m sure somebody from agilebit but will be by to help out more, But you need both your secret key in the master password you entered when you signed up. Family members have to get their own secret key and have to set up their own master password.

Maybe this helps?

• stonerrt
    stonerrt
    Community Member
    Options

I wasn't clear. I've had the family plan since beta. When I signed up Agile bits assigned a master password that was ,I think, 6 five letter words separated by spaces. In the years since then that password and paper it was printed on no longer exists. No on else in my family uses 1password. They all use Rolodexes. I've been paying for this service since it stared and not using it, now I'm retired and wish to stop paying as well as get rid of that irksome authentication error My version is 6.8.5, running 110.13, with iCloud sync. I hope some one can tell me how to get out of the family plan.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Stoneheart

When I signed up Agile bits assigned a master password that was ,I think, 6 five letter words separated by spaces.

They have never assigned a password, you were using a password generator. Their entire business makeup is, they never can give access to your data because they dont have you master password and they do not have access to your secret key (The secret key may or may not be applicable to you depending on your sync mechanism).

My version is 6.8.5, running 110.13, with iCloud sync

iCloud sync doesn't use a secret key and you would not paying a subscription for that type of syncing.

>

My best recommendation, is to have you contact support directly via email. They only allow discussions of private matters such as accounts via email. Just in case you happen to be using both iCloud and 1password.com accounts. Many do use that setup. Make sure you send the email to the staff from the email you used to register for the 1Password.com account. It sounds like you may indeed be using both, especially if your paying a fee.

Even if it turns out that you have other issues they can get you sorted, and it will be a one on one basis, vs a public forum.

Please use support@1password.com when you send the email. You will get an auto reply from the email system with a support id number. Please post that support ID back here so the staff can connect the dots and not duplicate efforts.

The only thing you need to do here is post that support ID, from that point forward all correspondence will be handled through the staff and via email. Because of the sensitive nature of your request. If you don't receive that auto reply please check your junk or spam folders.

Dont worry its not just you. I may talk the staff periodically, and anytime I have concerns I must also use email and my particular email address for such correspondence. Its just how things are handled.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stonerrt: Indeed, when discussing sensitive stuff like account and payment details, we need to do that via email, as this is a public forum. I'll shoot you an email here myself in a minute and we'll get things sorted out for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.