To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't tell what memberships I have

Options
torrentprime
torrentprime
Community Member

I have 1P 6 on my Mac. Over the years, I've moved from 1P 3 to 4 to (I assume?) 5 and now 6; I have licenses for most of these. (I've also got the app on my iPhone and iPad.) I have my receipt for 1Password (Annual) that ends at the end of 2018. I have always used Dropbox for my syncing.
I can't sign in to the online service - which I think I have? I have no idea where a secret key is, because I don't think I ever signed in anywhere?
Sorry; I'm a little clueless on what I have, even though I've paid for everything.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• saaddina737
    saaddina737
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem and really mixed up on which license I am having as i have been using this app for year and no problem at all till this minute my iPad or I phone are not working with my Mac correctly please explain .

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@saaddina737, @torrentprime: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Otherwise, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

Have you signed up for a 1Password.com membership? If so, you can find your account credentials in a few places:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Or, if you purchased the standalone 1Password app, you can have your license information sent to you via email:

Find your license

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• torrentprime
    torrentprime
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the help -
    However, how will a license or license information help me sign in? I saw that option - indeed, I have all those license emails and think I have the information already. But how does a license get me to a secret key or setup code?

Also, I paid for a 2018 membership with 1P; I have that receipt. So I must have an account somewhere, right? Or else what happened when I paid for the annual membership?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@torrentprime: Since you said you're using Dropbox, I suspected that you don't have a membership, as 1Password.com accounts don't use that. As I mentioned, you will not have a Secret Key, etc. in that case. I'm sorry if I was mistaken, but I'm going on the information you've provided.

But if you did subscribe to a 1Passwor.com membership, you can find your account credentials in the app or website as I outlined above:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Did you try that? If you're still having trouble, please email us at support@1password.com with the details, as we cannot discuss sensitive account information here on a public forum. Just post the Support ID you receive here and we'll take a look. Thanks! :)

• torrentprime
    torrentprime
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!
    The problem is the steps listed require you to already have the information I’m trying to find: You need your secret key to sign in!
    Get it from the 1P app: you need to already be signed into your 1Password account online (“on any device where you’re already signed in to your account“)
    Get it from your 1P account online (“use a browser you’ve used to sign in to your account before”)
    From your emergency kit (“which you downloaded if you created your account on 1Password.com.”)
    So not one of the 3 options actually help you get it unless you already had it.

I’ll email private; I just couldn’t believe that everything was a Catch-22 like this.

• Ben
    Options

That is correct. If you never signed into the apps, are no longer signed into the web browser you used to create the account, and did not download/print your Emergency Kit then there is no way to recover your Secret Key. AgileBits never has your Secret Key — it is generated on your device and is not transmitted to us. As such we are unable to provide it for you.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@torrentprime: Indeed, if you never save your account credentials and haven't authorized an app or browser with your account, they will be gone as only you ever have access to them. That said, if you haven't signed into the account, you probably haven't used it, and wouldn't have anything important saved there in that case, so that's not so bad. I'm not seeing anything in the inbox from this address, but if you'll post the Support ID you received when emailing us at support@1password.com we can continue the conversation there.

• torrentprime
    torrentprime
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both for the help, btw!
    (I’ll email)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! When you do, let me know the Support ID so I can track it down and get back to you quickly. :)

• torrentprime
    torrentprime
    Community Member
    Options

Hey team,
    Is this the code you were asking about?

JET-83341-774

(Sorry I was late getting back to this)

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @torrentprime, that's the code alright! I see that my colleague Darno has been helping you out via email today. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. :)

ref: JET-83341-774

• torrentprime
    torrentprime
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, y’all - you’ve been a great help!

• Ben
    Options

You’re most welcome, @torrentprime. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.