To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Single vs. Family?

Options
cfleener
cfleener
Community Member

Looking for some help on what type of membership I need. My wife and I have different Apple accounts but share most of our Apple data and apps using Family Sharing on iOS. We're moving from the old stand alone 1Password programs to a subscription and I'm just not sure which one we'll need. We only have a need for one password list but can we do this with two different Apple IDs on our devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@cfleener: Good question! If you're okay with sharing everything, an individual 1Password.com membership may work for you. After all, any of us sharing vaults with loved ones prior to 1Password.com had to share Master Passwords as well. However, by going with an individual plan instead of a family plan, you're forgoing something pretty significant:

Account recovery for family or team members

In a 1Password Families plan, all Organizers can help other family members recover their accounts if they get locked out. By default, the person who sets up the family plan will be the only Organizer, but they can promote any other family members to Organizer as well. Also, a 1Password Families plan is scalable, and includes 5 family members in the base price, so you could invite parents and other loved ones.

That said, there's nothing wrong with starting with an individual plan to try it out, as you can always upgrade to a family plan later in just a few clicks. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: SMF-99828-114

• cfleener
    cfleener
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. That does help. Thanks so much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're totally welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.