To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need to Delete All My Passwords

Options
andmade
andmade
Community Member

Hi team,

I just signed up for a trial and imported my passwords from another service. However, none of them imported correctly and I need to delete all 260+ passwords. I can't find a way to mass do this on my own - is this something support can take of for me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

@andmade

You can delete the entire vault if you wish.

Alternatively ensure you're viewing 'All Vaults', click on the first entry with your mouse, press the shift key and then click on the last entry. You should be able to right click on them all to delete them.

The website is:

https://my.1password.com

As you've not provided any information about your version or operating system I can't help you any further than this.

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Darren,

I signed up for the Individual subscription/websync plan and have attempted to delete via both the website in my browser (Firefox 57/Quantum) and through the Windows desktop application.

I cannot delete the entire vault because the passwords were imported into my "Personal" vault, which is the default vault and cannot be deleted. I tried to create a second vault and mark that as default so that the Personal vault could be deleted, but that didn't work.

Using your suggestion, I tried the Click+Shift in the web browser (both in FF and Chrome), and it didn't work (it just highlighted the text, but didn't actually select more than one item). I did the same in the Windows desktop application and it did work, so finally, they're all gone.

It wasn't obvious how to do this, and I couldn't find further information about it in the FAQ, so it'd be nice if this was added somewhere on the website.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andmade: While you cannot delete the Personal vault, you can delete all of the items in it. You also cannot select multiple items in the website, but I'm glad you were able to in the 1Password app, as darrenNZ suggested. I don't think we'll be making a FAQ about how to trash all of your data, as that's generally not a great idea, but we're here any time you have questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.