Families: Share a vault with two out of five members

joshuad
joshuad
Community Member

I just signed up for Families for my wife and I. I'd like for she and I to use the Shared Vault for our main password list and for this vault to only be viewable to she and I. I'd like to add my two kids and a son-in-law to our Families group, so they can use it as well; however, I do not want them to be able to see our "Shared" vault (wife and I). Is it possible to have the Shared Vault viewable/useable only to a subset of users within the Family Group?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @joshuad
    that's not possible. The Shared vault is designed to be shared to all family members.
    Here's what I did, because I was in a similar situation: Create an additional vault and only allow access to it for yourself and your wife and treat it as your shared vault. For me, this was the perfect solution

• joshuad
    joshuad
    Community Member

Thank you so much for the quick response! As you were typing your response above, I was just seeing the option where I can create a new custom vault and configure which users in my Family Group can have access. It achieves exactly what I'd like and is the same that you recommended. Great minds.... As I understand it, the default "Shared" Vault is indeed just that - shared/viewable to all members of the Family.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Great that you were able to solve your problem. Enjoy 1Password :)

• Thanks for the update.

As I understand it, the default "Shared" Vault is indeed just that - shared/viewable to all members of the Family.

That is correct. :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.