Migrating personal data out of a team account into a personal account

Options
gregsilin
gregsilin
Community Member

Hi, I am enrolled in a 1Password team account at work. I'd like to start a family account for our family members and as part of that migrate my personal data that I've been keeping in the team account to the family account. (Yes, I probably should've started a personal account regardless but the damage is already done). I have enough data in the team account where migrating manually is not ideal.

is there a way to do it with 1Password?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gregsilin: Well, if it's your team, then it's not so bad if you choose to keep your data in that account. The main concern of using 1Password Teams to store personal data is that if someone else is in control of that (and/or your job), you could be removed from it and lose access to what you've stored there. To be clear, no one else will have access to your Personal/Private 1Password Teams vault, but an admin could prevent you from accessing it.

It's pretty straightforward to transfer data from one account/vault to another though. Just sign into both accounts in the app, and then move your data from the team to your new 1Password Families account. That way, it will also be easier for you to share whatever you need to with your wife. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• gregsilin
    gregsilin
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, thanks @brenty! It's not my team (IOW an admin is in charge of my life & data) so I'll follow your suggestion here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

Ah, gotcha. You're welcome! Glad to help, and we're here if you — or anyone else on your team — has other questions. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.