I have Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) 1Passport running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. It crashed

I have Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) 1Passport running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. It has crashed. put in my master password and access the app, but every time I try to open a folder it crashes. am meltdown as no memory of all passwords info. How do restore PLEASE HELP!!.

1Password Version: Version 3.8.21 (build 32009)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Book Pro MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have I have Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) 1Passport running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. It has crashed. I put in my master password and access the app, but every time try to open a folder it crashes. am meltdown as no memory of all passwords info. How do restore PLEASE HELP!!.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@FANTAN: Thanks for getting in touch! It sounds like you may be having issues because 1Password 3 is incredibly old and not designed for any recent macOS versions — it works great with Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion and older browsers, but you'll run into compatibility issues with newer stuff:

1Password 3 legacy support information

The best thing to do would be to upgrade to 1Password 6, which fully supports Sierra (and Yosemite, and El Capitan, and High Sierra). You can get that as part of a 1Password.com membership, since that gives you access to all of the apps and updates, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. And since 1Password 6 can also read your existing AgileKeychain vault from 1Password 3, you won't have to start over or enter data manually; you can simply migrate it to your new account and you'll be good to go — and able to use it with current web browsers as well.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• FANTAN
    FANTAN
    Community Member

Thank you for your swift response. I will have a go at that this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@FANTAN - great! Let us know if you hit any problems or have any further questions. Happy migrating, and welcome to the present day! :)

This discussion has been closed.