After download of latest app, iPhone (5S) will not sync via WLAN

Options
MacBoo
MacBoo
Community Member

I have just updated the 1P apps on my iPad and iPhone. The iPad3 still says v.6.9, but the iPhone 5S says v.7.0 (should be the same?).
While my iPad is syncing just fine via the WLAN server on my Mac (OS10.10.5, 1P v. 6.8.4), the iPhone won't.
I get the "One moment please" when starting the sync, but then nothing is happening.

Any ideas? Bug?

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Synchronizing

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MacBoo: If you're running iOS 9 or 10 on the iPad, you will not be able to upgrade to 1Password 7; it requires iOS 11. Do you have all of your data in 1Password on your Mac currently? it may be necessary to reset it on the iPhone if the app is damaged there. Let me know!

• MacBoo
    MacBoo
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Thanks for getting back with me. I am not sure, what exactly I need to do now to make this work.
    Yes, the original vault with all recent data is on my Mac.
    How do I reset the 1P app on my iPhone and how do I restore the data (from my Mac)?

P.S.:
    I am not sure my iPad 3 is eligible to upgrade to the most recent iOS, otherwise I would have gotten an update prompt.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@MacBoo: Thanks for letting me know! Just wanted to make sure you have all of your data somewhere else. :)

First, backup your data anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Starting over on the iPad is easy. Just delete the app there, and then you can install a fresh copy from your App Store purchase history:

https://support.apple.com/HT201272#apps

I believe you're right that the iPad 3 (and 4 as well) can't run recent iOS releases, but that will get you the latest version of 1Password which is compatible with your iPad.

Once you've installed it, open it and select the WLAN Server option to sync your existing data with 1Password for Mac. This guide will walk you through checking your setup to make sure everything is configured properly:

WLAN Server troubleshooting

Let me know how you get along! :)

• MacBoo
    MacBoo
    Community Member
    Options

Uhm... It's the iPhone that doesn't sync, the iPad is fine.
    Again my current versions:
    Mac is 6.8.5
    iPad is 6.9
    iPhone is 7.0

I suppose I need to do the above described procedure on my iPhone then?

• @MacBoo,

Yes.

For reference, the latest compatible version for your iPad should be 6.9.1 and the iPhone will be 7.0.4 at this point.

Rudy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MacBoo: Indeed, sorry for the iPhone-iPad typo. :blush:

• MacBoo
    MacBoo
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Update on my situation. I have been so busy at work and in private life, that I hadn't found the time yet to follow your instructions to solve my problem.

I updated my apps on the Mac (6.8.6), iPhone (7.0.5), but iPad did not update.

However, I just gave the sync another shot before going through your procedure, and low and behold, all 3 are syncing now! +1:

• @MacBoo: Glad to hear you're all synced up! Let us know if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.