We are using 1Password.com and our accounts are not syncing

marygrace
marygrace
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Families

When one family manager updates a password it is not syncing for other managers of the account let alone other users. Can you please let us know what is going on. Please help.

1Password Version: one line 1Password.com
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ox
Sync Type: 1password.com server

Comments

• @marygrace: Thanks for reaching out to us! Let's get some additional info here to help us figure out what's going on.

To start, what vault does this Login item live in? If it's in any user's Personal vault, this won't update to other users. Those vaults are private so if y'all may have shared passwords saved there, 1Password won't update them for other users, only for your devices. On the other hand, if this password is in the Shared vault, you should be seeing updates for everyone. Finally, if this password is in a vault you created, this can be shared with no one, everyone, or only select people. You can learn more about vault sharing here.

If these passwords are in a vault that should be shared, let us know if this is the default Shared vault or one y'all created yourselves and we'll help figure out why others aren't seeing updates. Thanks! :chuffed:

• marygrace
    marygrace
    Community Member

These passwords are most definitely in a shared vault that is why it is very upsetting. They are not in personal or private vaults either. Please advise.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@marygrace: Unfortunately without some basic information you've left out of your posts it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you see the vault and items you're looking for when you sign into the 1Password.com website in your browser? Thanks in advance! :)

• marygrace
    marygrace
    Community Member

Our machines are mac os x 10.10.5 and a newly bought Windows Dell laptop with the latest version of windows. We are using 1Password with sync to 1Password.com. We use both the web version of 1Password as well as the local app on the mac and windows side.

What is happening again is that passwords that are in a common vault are syncing for one adminstrator but not for anyone else.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@marygrace: Right, that's why I asked which versions of 1Password you're using, and for more specifics. You may just be using an outdated version, but I have no way of knowing if you won't tell me. I just can't begin to know what might be wrong or what to suggest without any details. :(

If you're still having trouble, please generate a diagnostic report for each machine where you're having this issue so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#MBA-25734-332]

If you’re reading this and you are not marygrace, this Support ID is for marygrace only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: MBA-25734-332

• marygrace
    marygrace
    Community Member

We are using the 1Password.com version meaning the web based version and our desktop versions are all up to date as well. I cannot tell you what version they are as they simply say they are up to date.

• Thanks @marygrace. Please send us the reports that brenty requested above and we’ll be able to get the information we need to further troubleshoot from those.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.