Updating the Safari extension was a nightmare!

Options
spock999
spock999
Community Member

I am using a MacBookPro with El Capitan 10.11.6. I don't use safari much but it is Version 11.0.3 (11604.5.6.1.1). For various reasons, I wanted to use Safari but it kept bombarding me with messages that my 1Password extension needed to be updated. I said OK to update and after downloading the extension, it told me it couldn't load it because of an error.

So I tried it again, was bombarded with messages and it still wouldn't work. Clearly it was the right software so I persisted and on about the 5th attempt it asked me to confirm the 6 digit number and it now works.

I haven't the faintest idea what was happening and whether the problem was Apple or 1Password but this sort of thing just shouldn't be happening. Obviously, as it is now working I don't need any help but I thought you should be aware of the problem!!

1Password Version: 6.8.5 (685004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@spock999 - Thanks for reporting. We've had one or two reports of this so far, but it's always good to get as much data "from the field" as we can, especially when we're not able to replicate the issue ourselves. I'm glad to hear things eventually righted themselves for you, but if the problem recurs, it'd be great if you could create a diagnostics report from your Mac immediately after it happens. Here's how:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Send it along with a description to support+forum@agilebits.com. Hopefully, you won't need to do that, but if we can get the diagnostics report from immediately after the problem, we may be able to narrow it down. Good luck! :)

This discussion has been closed.