blank screen, and that's all

juliang
juliang
Community Member

On a new iPhone X: it does the face ID and then goes to a completely blank screen, hangs there for five minutes, and then goes back to asking for a face ID. This appears to be an infinite loop. The app was downloaded just a few days ago, so it's up to date. Why won't it work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• juliang
    juliang
    Community Member

Forgot to mention: the same thing happens if I enter the password manually.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@juliang: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information you left our of your comments it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS and 1Password versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, it sounds like the app may simply be damaged. Please try restarting your iPhone and installing a fresh copy from the App Store. Let me know what you find! :)

• juliang
    juliang
    Community Member

iOS 11.2.5, and 1Password 7.0.5. I had already installed a fresh copy before posting, in case that was the problem, and likewise, restarted the phone.
    What I'm used to happening is that after authenticating, by manual password entry or TouchID (previously using a iPhone 7), I get a list of what's in the database.
    What I get now is a blank screen, and after about five minutes it goes back to asking for authentication. So far this appears to be an infinite loop. There is no way to check what the app is doing because it never becomes available.

• Hi @juliang

Are you able to open this link in Safari by pasting it into the address bar?

onepassword://diagnostics

If so it should pop up an email with diagnostic information attached. Please send us that email. When you do so you’ll get an automated reply from BitBot back, and that message will contain a support ID. Please post that support ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• juliang
    juliang
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    Done.
    And a new development: Immediately after doing that, 1Password started working normally. No problems now. Did it see that things were getting serious and decided to behave? :)
    --julian

• Ha! Well, that could be. ;) Glad to hear things are working now. If they act up again please feel free to ping us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.