emergency call.... 1password vault problem....Oo

Typan
Typan
Community Member

Hi everyone, I have a problem on my iphone.
Yesterday I needed to setup my iphone as a new iphone to troubleshoot an other problem.
And this is what happend to me.

My 1Password-setup is the following: Not the subscription-model. I used it on premise.
- 1 vault in my dropbox
- 1password on my iphone only
- touch ID to unlock

After I had my iphone ready to use, I installed my 1password7 app.
In the assistent I tapped on "use Dropbox" and a vault was showen up.
The evil was happening on the point where I had to type my Master Pw. The Message pops up: "incorrect Password"
At this point i was getting sweaty...Oo I tried it several times. without success.

To troubleshoot this, I was logging in to my dropbox acccount from my PC to have a look at the vault Files.
I was a little scared about the size of the hole folder. It was only near 200kbyte?? I had arround 100 entrys in my vault. Is this size normal?
I dont know what was happening to my self... yesterday evening.

Im confused.... Im sure that I used the correct Master Password.....

Can someone help?? this is a serious emergency:( omg...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Typan

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. 200 KB sounds pretty small for a vault with ~100 items in it. Have you ever changed your Master Password? If so did you try entering your previous passwords? I can’t say for certain but it doesn’t sound as though 1Password was properly set up to sync your vault with Dropbox at the time you wiped your phone.

Did you perhaps make a backup of your 1Password data prior to wiping the phone?

1Password backups

Alternatively is it possible that you have multiple 1Password sync files in Dropbox?

Please let us know what you find.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.