One time password widget

kernal_pan1c
kernal_pan1c
Community Member

Considering migration from last pass to 1password. Narrowed down my choice to between Dashlane and 1password and with the onset of 1password X for chrome (and Firefox plus safari soon I hope) 1password is far more appealing. Dashlanes web extension is lacking when needing to find anything besides passwords such as notes, etc. Anywuys as someone who uses 2 factor authentication everywhere I can I liked how Dashlane had a widget for the iPhone to quickly find those passcodes. 1password doesn’t seem to have a this feature. Before I make my final decision I was wondering if this is something that’s on the radar for a future update? Or something similar to help us find those passcodes more quickly and easily. Other than that, this app is really nice. He organization options are great and the ui look is pleasing. I have found that auto filling my name never went to work and I can’t seem to find a way to choose what email it uses to fill as I have a few I use regularly but these are minor issues really. Thanks for your time and good work.

Comments

• Hi @kernal_pan1c

We’ve recently revamped the Favorites screen to make one time passwords more accessible. I’m not aware of any plans for a widget. In order to offer this info in a widget I believe we would need to store the TOTP secret unencrypted, and that isn’t something we’re interested in doing. There is always a fine balance between security and convenience, and in this case it was more prudent to lean toward security.

If we find a way in the future to continue to have the TOTP secret protected by your Master Password but accessible in a widget that is something we could consider.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.