Local vault in Windows version 6.8.496

Options

Hi, I'm using 1Password for both Mac and Windows (1Password 6.8.496). I have been keeping a 1password.com synced vault, as well as a local vault on my Mac. On the Windows computer, I've only been using the 1Password.com synced vault.

As my Mac is on its last legs, I decided to move the local vault over to my Windows computer. In order to do this, I set up Folder sync on the Mac, and copied the folder over to my Windows computer. I dragged the folder into 1Password for Windows. I was prompted to give my master password, and after that, my local vault was available in the Windows version.

I then went and deleted the folder I had used to transfer the vault. My vault is still available inside the application, and that got me thinking: is the vault copied to 1Password's local database? And if not, where is it copied? I want to transfer the local vault to 1Password.com, but I want to be sure that any local OPVault folder isn't laying around on the computer without my knowledge. Inside 1Password for Windows, I'm not able to delte the local vault :(

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Frode_Olsen,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! I am sorry for the troubles and confusion.

The thing is that 1Password 6 for Windows does not support local vaults and shouldn't be used with them. To get a better idea of what happened, please do the following:

1) Specify if you still have access to your vault folder on your Mac.

2) Create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 6 on your Windows PC, where you have your data in the app. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.