To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need help deleting account and starting over [Please email us — support@agilebits.com]

Options
kayak
kayak
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Memberships

AgileBits Update: We can only handle these types of requests via email as they require looking up your specific account information. Please contact us via email and we’d be happy to help. Thanks!

———

I need help deleting my account and starting over. I created my account a few months back and wasn't ready to use it yet. Now that I am ready to use it, I can't remember the password I set for the life of me (clearly I set a good one), and I only have the beginning of my secret key. I've spent the last 30 minutes researching how to reset the password/troubleshoot this problem on my own, and am impressed with how secure this software is. I didn't have much at all on the account, so I'm okay with wiping the slate clean and starting over.

I've tried troubleshooting > reset all 1password data, and creating a new account, but I can't use my main email because it's associated with the account I just reset.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kayak: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Indeed, we don't want people nuking their accounts just because they need to reinstall the app. If you're certain you want to delete your account and start over though, just follow the instructions via email to do so. And, if necessary, cancel any outstanding subscription for it so you don't end up paying for an account you no longer have. If you need assistance with any account specifics, be sure to email us at support@1password.com so we can help. We're here for you. :)

• kayak
    kayak
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Already have my new account up and running. Thanks again for the quick support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! Glad to hear it. We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• EdBaster
    EdBaster
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I have the same problem, tried the app some time ago using my main email address and now I cannot access that old account and I would like to start over and suscribe using that same address, so it would be great if you could help me, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EdBaster: Sure thing! If you're certain you want to delete your account and all the data in it, just follow the instructions in your email, and then you can setup a new account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• EdBaster
    EdBaster
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Problem solved!, I have a new account with my main email address, thanks a lot!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EdBaster On behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to get you headed in the right direction. :)

• EdBaster
    EdBaster
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks to all the team, couldn't be happier with 1pass. Excellent product!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• tommytucson
    tommytucson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem with my 1Password account. I signed up for a membership 6 months ago and forgot my Master Password. I'd like to wipe it clean and start over with my personal email address.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tommytucson: Thanks for getting in touch! If you're certain you want to delete it and start over, just follow the instructions in your email to do so. We're here if you have any questions! :)

• tommytucson
    tommytucson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Brent!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

• jbrosseau
    jbrosseau
    Community Member
    Options

I too have the same issue, I would like to delete and start over and re-create my account. (Locked out of my account, nothing stored in my vault, as I am a new user). Can you please email me the same instructions? Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbrosseau: Thanks for getting in touch! Just follow the instructions in the email if you're sure you want to start over completely. We're here if you need anything else. :)

• listocalixto01
    listocalixto01
    Community Member
    Options

I have lost my password and would like to delete and start over, could you e mail me the instructions to start over. Thank you

• @listocalixto01 No problem, I just sent you a message and we'll help you get things moving. :)

ref: NFI-39743-124

• rosyc
    rosyc
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem need information how to reset the app with new password thanks for your help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rosyc - sorry to hear that! I've sent you an email; let's continue the conversation there.

ref: HGC-42976-685

• Knarfappaz
    Knarfappaz
    Community Member
    Options

Can I get an email to delete and start again please.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Knarfappaz

It appears you’ve already reached out to us via email. We’re only able to handle these types of requests via email, so we’ll be back with you via email shortly. :)

Thanks.

Ben

ref: YDQ-15893-844

This discussion has been closed.