iOS app sync w Dropbox always shows failure

Options
Michael Fishweicher
Michael Fishweicher
Community Member

However lately, when locating my 1Password dataset on Dropbox, I now see two available files I can choose within /DropBox/1Passwword.
One ends with .agilekeychain and the other with .opvault .

I am not using the cloud hosted edition. I’m a longtime paying customer of Windows, MAC OS X and iOS versions

Please help.

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Michael Fishweicher

OPVault is the newer and recommended format for syncing via Dropbox. I’d recommend making sure your Mac is set up to use OPVault:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain

Then if you still have the Agile Keychain file in Dropbox, I’d recommend deleting that. If after following those steps you are still having trouble syncing via Dropbox please see this guide, which is a collection of all of the troubleshooting knowledge we’ve amassed regarding Dropbox + 1Password over the years:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

If you have difficulty following any of these steps please let me know which step (and which device) you’re having problems with, as well as what the problem is (e.x. “step 3 says to click ‘button X’ but I don’t have a ‘button X’ on my Mac).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Michael Fishweicher
    Options

@Ben in all honesty, do you personally recommend I switch to sync over iCloud instead of Dropbox?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018
    Options

If you want to continue to sync on Windows, iCloud would not be an option. You’d need to use either a 1Password.com membership or Dropbox to sync between Mac, iOS, and Windows. We do recommend 1Password.com membership for a whole host of reasons including:

• Sync is a 1st party solution provided by AgileBits directly. This makes troubleshooting any issues that occur much simpler, and issues are less common. Additionally setting up a new or additional device is as simple as signing in to your account.
    • You don’t have to worry about database formats (OPVault vs Agile Keychain) as all of this is handled by 1Password.com
    • The latest versions of all of the 1Password apps are included, so you never have to worry about falling behind. This is especially convenient when using 1Password across multiple platforms. This means you’d be able to start using 1Password 6 for Windows, instead of the older 1Password 4 for Windows that you are currently using.

We have a list of some of the other benefits available here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If that sounds like something you might be interested in we have a guide on migrating which you can review here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.